• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten/ACC Challenge Schedule - 2018 Series ends tied @ 7 each

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
2018 Schedule

2018 Series, Tie @ 7-7!

Monday, Nov. 26

6 pm – Nebraska (68) at Clemson (66)
8 pm – Minnesota (56) at Boston Coll (68)

Tuesday, Nov. 27
6 pm – Illinois (74) at Notre Dame (76)
6 pm – Virginia Tech (62) at Penn St (63)
6:30 pm – Michigan St (78) at Louisville (82 - OT)
8 pm – NC State (75) at Wisconsin (79)
8 pm – Pittsburgh (68) at Iowa (69)
8:30 pm – Indiana (69) at Duke (90)

Wednesday, Nov. 28
6:15 pm – Syracuse (72) at Ohio St (62)
6:15 pm – Rutgers (57) at Miami (54)
6:30 pm – Virginia (76) at Maryland (71)
8:15 pm – Purdue (72) at Florida St (73)
8:15 pm – Georgia Tech (61) at Northwestern (67)
8:30 pm – N Carolina (67) at Michigan (84)

NU History (5-3)
  • 2018 – Nebraska 68, @ Clemson 66
  • 2017 – at Nebraska 71, Boston College 62
  • 2016 – at Clemson 60, Nebraska 58
  • 2015 – Miami 77, at Nebraska 72 (ot)
  • 2014 – Nebraska 70, at Florida State 65
  • 2013 – at Nebraska 60, Miami 49
  • 2012 – Nebraska 79, at Wake Forest 63
  • 2011 – Wake Forest 55, at Nebraska 53

Series History (ACC leads all time, 12-5-2)
  • 2018 – ACC 7, B1G 7
  • 2017 – ACC 11, B1G 3
  • 2016 – ACC 9, B1G 5
  • 2015 – B1G 8, ACC 6
  • 2014 – B1G 8, ACC 6
  • 2013 – (tie) B1G 6, ACC 6
  • 2012 – (tie) B1G 6, ACC 6
  • 2011 – B1G 8, ACC 4
(B1G leads 3-2-2 since Nebraska joined)

Last edited:

6 pm – Nebraska at Clemson, ESPN2
Nebraska at #16 Clemson.... I honestly didn't know that the Tigers were ranked, let alone that high. WOW! If we stay close or even win this game, that will be a feather in Miles and the Huskers cap this early season.... GO BIG RED!!!

As you know, rankings are loosely used, i.e. #16 is probably AP or Coaches polls and can change swiftly. I'm sure whoever is writing these headIines @huskers.com takes the highest of all the rankings if there is a difference. (Its hype after all. :Lol:)

I try to use KenPom rankings for updating upcoming games. It may not be better and certainly isn't perfect, but I believe more consistent for comparison purposes and is updated virtually after every game. As of this morning (i.e. all games have been played on 11/24) KenPom ranks Clemson @ #24 and Huskers @ #31.
:Gobigred:

https://kenpom.com/

Last edited:
Husker loss to Texas Tech pretty much wiped them off the minds off all Top 25 voters. If this team is going places for post season, they have to win this game against Clemson.

2018 Series Tied @ 4-4 before Tonight's (11/28) Games!

It has been an Exciting series. Almost all the games were one possession games at the end (except Duke/Indiana). Every Home Team has won so far ( except for the Huskers defeating Clemson @ Littlejohn! :Bow:)

Ohio State, Northwestern and Michigan are favored tonight!!! (and Maryland is @ Home ;))

Wednesday, Nov. 28
6:15 pm – Syracuse at Ohio St (-5.5), ESPN2
6:15 pm – Rutgers at Miami (-11), ESPNU
6:30 pm – Virginia (-3.5) at Maryland, ESPN
8:15 pm – Purdue at Florida St (-4.5), ESPN2
8:15 pm – Georgia Tech at Northwestern (-7.5), ESPNU
8:30 pm – N Carolina at Michigan (-3), ESPN

GO B1G!!! :Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:

Last edited:
OSU lost it's little t and got beat by Syracuse tonight.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Screw you OSU and your little t too.

Exciting Finish!!! ACC is currently in the lead @ 5-6. It will be up to Northwestern and Michigan to pull out the Tie. (If both win, and Purdue can pull out the win @ Florida State that would give the B1G the outright Win!)

Exciting Finish!!! ACC is currently in the lead @ 5-6. It will be up to Northwestern and Michigan to pull out the Tie. (If both win, and Purdue can pull out the win @ Florida State that would give the B1G the outright Win!)
FSU not going quietly

Purdue choked it away. Missed Back to back Treys & two FTs at the end! (But FSU had more than a little help from Teddy Valentine)

The B1G had to depend on the two underdogs, Nebraska and Rutgers, both away from home, to secure the tie! :Redface: (Nebraska has done more than our share in holding up the B1G end of the Series since we joined. :Bow:)

Last edited:
Purdue choked it away. Missed Back to back Treys & two FTs at the end! (But FSU had more than a little help from Teddy Valentine)

The B1G had to depend on the two underdogs, Nebraska and Rutgers, both away from home, to secure the tie! :Redface: (Nebraska has done more than our share in holding up the B1G end of the Series since we joined. :Bow:)
The surprise for me was how sloppy Purdue was late. Not taking care of the ball, and so much standing and watching instead of moving and getting each other open for better looks isn’t their norm. Guys were looking for Edwards to finish, and he just wasn’t good late. I also just hate Ted Valentine officiating. He gets so caught up in crowds and momentum, it’s ridiculous.

The 2018 Series ends tied @ 7 each! (but ACC keeps the Cup since they won the previous year.) It's a big improvement though with B1G winning 4 more games than they did in 2017! :Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:

Don't forget
index.php
the Women's BB game tonight @ 6pm central for the Lady's portion of the B1G/ACC Challenge. It'll be a tough test for the Ladies @ #4 Louisville, but who knows, anything can happen! :Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:

(There will be a free video stream on ACC Network/Watch ESPN )
http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3453202/nebraska-vs-5-louisville-w-basketball

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back