• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Big 10 Recruiting Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wouldn’t. NU should be. It’s been mismanaged for years and years and got many of the fans thinking, ugh, we can’t rectuit here. Just needs serious people willing to do a serious job. Embracement of the job. That’s been missing.

I think they've been seriously OK but not seriously excellent. They just did't seriously know how to seriously beat a more talented team on paper with a less talented team on paper. That takes some seriously excellent coaching to accomplish that, and I seriously think we have the most seriously best guy in place to seriously accomplish that.

Less than 10 people?
Those two guys or so who keep him at the B1G Network.
His wife, I figure.
The one coach he coached with who knows even less about football.
Maybe, one or two of the guys he works with at the B1G Network.

Then again, they all could just be humoring him, too.
He works cheap I guess.

I think they've been seriously OK but not seriously excellent. They just did't seriously know how to seriously beat a more talented team on paper with a less talented team on paper. That takes some seriously excellent coaching to accomplish that, and I seriously think we have the most seriously best guy in place to seriously accomplish that.
Thanks for making fun. NU hasn't had serious people in charge in a long while who want to win. It's the truth. Make fun all you want, but there has been a clown show in Lincoln for a while. That's over!

I think the recruiting process is like any important endeavor. You set priorities, follow through and do things that make the best sense for your program. Figure out who the best guys are for what you do and work your butt off to get them to join your cause. The recruiting rankings will then take care of themselves. Start to win games a few seasons in a row and these recruiting experts will assume that the guys you recruit must be pretty good. You must know how to evaluate players.

Most importantly, I think there is a "why" to the process for Coach Frost.
This staff doesn't sell the program with how or what, at first. It's WHY. Why did they come from UCF to Nebraska? To restore a once proud program to it's storied past. Why should a really good player come to Lincoln from wherever he may be?
Many of the kids that have signed have seen the vision. Several times, I have heard them say things like, "I want to be a part of making Nebraska a winner again and restoring the program to it's traditional place." " I want to part of something big." " I want to be a part of the class that gets this thing back to winning championships."
That is the WHY. It's the cause that these guys are joining. Keep getting guys for that reason, and then show them how to do it the right way. This coaching staff has shown they know HOW. They just did it at UCF.

This program has been all about How and What for far too long. It lost it's way.

Coach Osborne was all about WHY we do things the right way. Coach Frost learned that from him and he does a great job of teaching that to kids. It built incredible chemistry at UCF. Chemistry we have not seen around here in a long time.

I can't say how fast it will happen, but great results are coming.

So 22nd ranked class or whatever, is fine. Like the man said, he isn't here to win February.....

GBR

I think you are probably right, and the "why" is important. Welcome to the board, Simon!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back