• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Big 10 Recruiting Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
At best, there are 3-4 kids most years worthy of a scholarship good enough to play for the Cornhuskers. That leaves 20+ to go National. When NU starts winning, I fully expect that recruiting rating to head north. Hopefully, it starts in the 2019 class.
Scott Frost just brought in the second best recruiting class in a decade to Nebraska according to 247sports with only 2 months to do it. That is both sad and awesome. The only class with a higher ranking was 2011 after we had been to back to back conference title games and ranked 16th.

What about them getting Shea Patterson? Former five-star QB...
Thanks for the information. Someone else pointed that out yesterday after my post where I was so focused on what happened at Nebraska that I couldn't tell you if any other team had a good day yesterday or not...

Yesterday was NSD...Nebraska Signing Day, so that's where my focus was.

Its a bit circular, but win and you get better recruits and get better recruits and you have a better chance of winning. I still point to Wisconsin as proof that recruiting rankings are not always predictive of success. Or put another way, you can win a whole lot of games without ranking in the top 20 on signing day.
Exactly. There's a chicken and the egg situation with rankings for me. Guys get Alabama, USC, Ohio State offers and they get bumps because those services know they have a high likeliness of succeeding. If they don't and transfer, well they just got beat out by another guy that was a four and five star and the services were't "wrong". That being said, you start winning and highly rated guys like Baptiste and others will start being more likely to pull the trigger with us. Football sucks to play if you aren't good and are getting your doors blown. That's why I never understand the kid committing to Kansas instead of SDSU/NDSU. But that's for another thread.

I wouldn’t. NU should be. It’s been mismanaged for years and years and got many of the fans thinking, ugh, we can’t rectuit here. Just needs serious people willing to do a serious job. Embracement of the job. That’s been missing.

"Of course we should always be in the top 10 of recruiting, just look how awesome we are!" said the fans of Nebraska, OSU,PSU, UMich, Clemson, Florida, Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, A&M, Miami, Norte Dame, Auburn, Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU...

Wait a minute, something seems amiss here.

"Of course we should always be in the top 10 of recruiting, just look how awesome we are!" said the fans of Nebraska, OSU,PSU, UMich, Clemson, Florida, Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, A&M, Miami, Norte Dame, Auburn, Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU...

lol, well played.

I think I found it, you obviously hate the PAC. That and math is hard

Its a bit circular, but win and you get better recruits and get better recruits and you have a better chance of winning. I still point to Wisconsin as proof that recruiting rankings are not always predictive of success. Or put another way, you can win a whole lot of games without ranking in the top 20 on signing day.
They (Wisconsin) are not winning championships. Difference between winning games and winning championships. Bo won lots of games. It is not a coincidence the teams winning national championships are also killing it in recruiting. I'll say it again, recruit top 15 or better, and you can win a national championship. Might be an exception once a decade or two, but by and large, you have to recruit really well.

Scott Frost just brought in the second best recruiting class in a decade to Nebraska according to 247sports with only 2 months to do it. That is both sad and awesome. The only class with a higher ranking was 2011 after we had been to back to back conference title games and ranked 16th.
Yep, which means wait and see how much better it gets when he starts winning.

I think the recruiting process is like any important endeavor. You set priorities, follow through and do things that make the best sense for your program. Figure out who the best guys are for what you do and work your butt off to get them to join your cause. The recruiting rankings will then take care of themselves. Start to win games a few seasons in a row and these recruiting experts will assume that the guys you recruit must be pretty good. You must know how to evaluate players.

Most importantly, I think there is a "why" to the process for Coach Frost.
This staff doesn't sell the program with how or what, at first. It's WHY. Why did they come from UCF to Nebraska? To restore a once proud program to it's storied past. Why should a really good player come to Lincoln from wherever he may be?
Many of the kids that have signed have seen the vision. Several times, I have heard them say things like, "I want to be a part of making Nebraska a winner again and restoring the program to it's traditional place." " I want to part of something big." " I want to be a part of the class that gets this thing back to winning championships."
That is the WHY. It's the cause that these guys are joining. Keep getting guys for that reason, and then show them how to do it the right way. This coaching staff has shown they know HOW. They just did it at UCF.

This program has been all about How and What for far too long. It lost it's way.

Coach Osborne was all about WHY we do things the right way. Coach Frost learned that from him and he does a great job of teaching that to kids. It built incredible chemistry at UCF. Chemistry we have not seen around here in a long time.

I can't say how fast it will happen, but great results are coming.

So 22nd ranked class or whatever, is fine. Like the man said, he isn't here to win February.....

GBR

They (Wisconsin) are not winning championships. Difference between winning games and winning championships. Bo won lots of games. It is not a coincidence the teams winning national championships are also killing it in recruiting. I'll say it again, recruit top 15 or better, and you can win a national championship. Might be an exception once a decade or two, but by and large, you have to recruit really well.

I'll agree with top 15 or better. I think, and someone can correct me, but the year Clemson won the NC they were averaging top 15 recruiting classes.

I think with good coaching and player development, a top 15-20 class is the sweet spot for NU to become nationally relevant again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back