• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big 10 All-Conference Players- Defense

Both deserving. Good kids.

Hopefully all four move into 1st or 2nd team categories next year.

Props to Mohammed and Dicaprio for an outstanding year on an otherwise fairly forgettable outing for the defense.

Remember when the Huskers used to celebrate All-Americans instead of third string All-Conference? Here's to a return to Huskers on the All-American lists in the future!

With the amount of press the rest of the teams around the country get the chances of us getting all Americans is astronomically lower than it was in the hay day of the 80s and 90s. TV deals drastically changed that.

With the amount of press the rest of the teams around the country get the chances of us getting all Americans is astronomically lower than it was in the hay day of the 80s and 90s. TV deals drastically changed that.
I think it has more to do with talent and on field success

I think it has more to do with talent and on field success
No doubt but TV exposure and school limitations have played a huge role in smaller college and group of 5 players getting recognized where as in 80s and 90s is was almost exclusively major power 5 school players.

I think nearly any team in the B1G would take Mo Barry as a starter if they had the chance. Even though our overall defense wasn't great, Barry was a stud and would help any top team become a champion.

Reactions: RMR

Maybe I'm making up scenarios in my head but.......I think this could be a great off season for Chin and the defense. Last year was a whirlwind in regards to how fast everything happened. It was a little easier on the offense because they came in knowing what they were going to do. Defense is more reliant on reacting to what offenses are doing and Chin was at a disadvantage there not having seen the B1G. Chin is going to be a works in progress type of coordinator. He wasn't brought on because he knew everything. He was brought on because of what he can eventually be.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back