• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Best QB Class in CF History? - Lee is included

Easy to understand why this Northwestern team is touted as Pat Fitzgerald's most-talented.

Clayton Thorson as potentially the #4 QB in the NFL draft and Justin Jackson as the #3 RB.

That's some serious talent for the Wildcats in 2017.

Northwestern will not be an easy win for an opponent.

NW plays Penn State & Michigan State at home, and Maryland on the road. Their crossover schedule appears to be easier than ours. Lots of folks think NW will win the West this year.

It'll be hard to beat the '83 class with Elway, Marino and Jim Kelly, though they only went 2-9 in the Super Bowl with Elway snagging those his last two seasons. Always good to hear positive things about Lee.
but they went to a whole butt load of them. 11 Super Bowls among three guys is pretty good. that is almost 4 per. Too bad Marino did not hold up his end only going to one his rookie year and got blown out by Montana.

but they went to a whole butt load of them. 11 Super Bowls among three guys is pretty good. that is almost 4 per. Too bad Marino did not hold up his end only going to one his rookie year and got blown out by Montana.

Actually, Tony Eason was in that class and started one Super Bowl. Ken O'Brien was also in that class and had a solid career.

NW plays Penn State & Michigan State at home, and Maryland on the road. Their crossover schedule appears to be easier than ours. Lots of folks think NW will win the West this year.

I have no idea were you get lots of people think NW will win the west. It has been almost unanimous for the Badgers to take the west. Best I could find is predicting NW with a 2nd place finish.

big-ten-projections.jpg

BIG TEN WEST

1. Wisconsin, 259 points (31 first-place votes)

2. Northwestern, 219 (5)

3. Nebraska, 176.5 (2)

4. Iowa, 164.5

5. Minnesota, 131

6. Purdue, 57

6. Illinois, 57

Here were the predictions for the Big Ten Championship Game in Indianapolis on Dec. 2.

Ohio State over Wisconsin (22)

Ohio State over Northwestern (5)

Ohio State over Nebraska (2)

Wisconsin over Ohio State (3)

Wisconsin over Penn State (1)

Penn State over Wisconsin (4)

Michigan over Wisconsin (1)

As for the playoff hopes of the conference, all 38 voters thought the Big Ten would get at least one team in the playoff.

Thirty-four voters said one Big Ten team will make the playoff: Ohio State 26, Wisconsin 4, Penn State 3, Michigan 1.

Four voters said the Big Ten would get two teams in the playoff. Three said it would be Ohio State and Penn State, and one said it would be Ohio State and Wisconsin.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/07/ohio_state_buckeyes_picked_to.html

C

Last edited:

I have no idea were you get lots of people think NW will win the west. It has been almost unanimous for the Badgers to take the west. Best I could find is predicting NW with a 2nd place finish.

C

I'm in agreement here. I think most (I would say all, but someone will go find a Key Largo Union Times poll to prove me wrong) have Wisconsin winning the west pretty easily and are torn on 2-4 with NU, NW, and IA in whatever order. If we truly do have the best QB of that bunch I think we take it and challenge for first.

Easy to understand why this Northwestern team is touted as Pat Fitzgerald's most-talented.

Clayton Thorson as potentially the #4 QB in the NFL draft and Justin Jackson as the #3 RB.

That's some serious talent for the Wildcats in 2017.

Northwestern will not be an easy win for an opponent.
Yup. Looks like many prognosticators agree with you and believe that Northwestern is the team to beat in the event Wisconsin falters.

Last edited:
C

Your research shows 5 votes for NW in the Big 10 Championships game. And that is a very small sample size. I am sure there are lots of others who feel likewise who did not get to vote.

I hear it from folks (CF fans & pundits) on radio call in shows. Some media folks are saying it but not too many. Chuck Long of the BTN is one I can think of.

Q: Who will win the West?
A:
That is a Wisconsin-Northwestern tie. And I am gonna give the edge to Northwestern because of Clayton Thorson’s development and the way he finished last year. And having (Justin) Jackson back, as well. I think Clayton could be the best quarterback in the West. I give an edge to the team with a veteran quarterback.

http://btn.com/2017/08/01/chuck-lon...te-vs-northwestern-in-the-big-ten-title-game/

Last edited:
Your research shows 5 votes for NW in the Big 10 Championships game. And that is a very small sample size. I am sure there are lots of others who feel likewise who did not get to vote.

I hear it from folks (CF fans & pundits) on radio call in shows. Some media folks are saying it but not too many. Chuck Long of the BTN is one I can think of.

A:
That is a Wisconsin-Northwestern tie. And I am gonna give the edge to Northwestern because of Clayton Thorson’s development and the way he finished last year. And having (Justin) Jackson back, as well. I think Clayton could be the best quarterback in the West. I give an edge to the team with a veteran quarterback.

http://btn.com/2017/08/01/chuck-lon...te-vs-northwestern-in-the-big-ten-title-game/

Chuck Long, not Chuck Lots.

A:

I searched 5 pages worth and nobody has NW winning the west, ESPN, CBS, FOX, USA, etc... almost every single one of their pundits who have said anything have the Badgers winning it and 2-4 is a toss up between NU, NW, and Iowa with Minny also in their conversation. It was just not the two articles I posted.

No, there are not "lots" of "folks" who think NW will win the west. Maybe there is another to join Chuck but they are a very very small percentage.

C

I searched 5 pages worth and nobody has NW winning the west, ESPN, CBS, FOX, USA, etc... almost every single one of their pundits who have said anything have the Badgers winning it and 2-4 is a toss up between NU, NW, and Iowa with Minny also in their conversation. It was just not the two articles I posted.

No, there are not "lots" of "folks" who think NW will win the west. Maybe there is another to join Chuck but they are a very very small percentage.
C

Here is what you posted (below). It shows 5 people out of 38 think that NW will win the West and be in the Big 10 championship. That's 13% of those who voted. If the poll added another 962 voters to expand it to 1,000 voters you should have 130 folks who would vote NW. That's a lot of folks. They are out there. Plus you did not include the folks who call into football radio shows.

Have you done a survey of the students at Northwestern?

If you want to say "some" instead of "lots", that's your call. Fine by me.

But hey, in the end, this isn't very important is it?

Here were the predictions for the Big Ten Championship Game in Indianapolis on Dec. 2.

Last edited:
Here is what you posted (below). It shows 5 people out of 38 think that NW will win the West and be in the Big 10 championship. That's 13% of those who voted. If the poll added another 962 voters to expand it to 1,000 voters you should have 130 folks who would vote NW. That's a lot of folks. They are out there. Plus you did not include the folks who call into football radio shows.

Have you done a survey of all the students at Northwestern?

If you want to say "some" instead of "lots", that's your call. Fine by me.

But hey, in the end, this isn't very important is it?

Ok, cool. Lots of people think NW will win the west. :Unsure:

C

Lee took a lot of hits at Tulane and kept on rolling. I am sure he is a tough guy that does not get rattled easily. Obviously, if our O-line performs well, it will help Lee a great deal.

Is Nebraska's OL better than Tulane? Yup.

Are B1G defenses ALSO much better? Yup.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back