• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Benning hints at 1-2 more leaving

Every school goes through this during this time of the year. It seems the staff is way out in front of the issue and are bringing quality players that will make a difference on the field. It's a good time to be a Husker fan.
Seems to be the way of the world now; specifically, running off players so they add more untried freshmen to the roster.

We used to ridicule programs that did that.

Seems to be the way of the world now; specifically, running off players so they add more untried freshmen to the roster.

Yes it is, and rightfully so. They are paid athletes. If they don't perform, head out.

You know this happened for a fact? Llllliiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnkkkkkssssss!

Why wouldn't Gebbie etc...want to just come and play for MR? No player should be bigger than the program.
Who said any player was bigger than the program? Molehill meet mountain...LOL. Kids pick schools for various reasons including playing with friends, playing at the school where their father/brother uncle/etc. played, playing fr specific coaches, or just liking the school. Lots of other reasons too including weather, climate, big cities, small towns and babes/girlfriends. Some of those guys might have come anyway...but no doubt KJJr got things rolling.

Again, selective memory. 3 of my roommates at school were guys who started out in Lincoln, realized they'd never likely see the field, so they transferred to a lower program. Trust me, they were encouraged to leave. Just as hundreds over the years have been. We weren't pulling schollies, but we sure tried to get them to walk away from them.

Who said any player was bigger than the program? Molehill meet mountain...LOL. Kids pick schools for various reasons including playing with friends, playing at the school where their father/brother uncle/etc. played, playing fr specific coaches, or just liking the school. Lots of other reasons too including weather, climate, big cities, small towns and babes/girlfriends. Some of those guys might have come anyway...but no doubt KJJr got things rolling.
Agreed. We've leveraged friendships, relatives, teammates, coaches, you name it. Anything that helps gain an advantage.

Unless you have proof of this please stop and do so now.

No more Warnings on this subject

'RR

Again, selective memory. 3 of my roommates at school were guys who started out in Lincoln, realized they'd never likely see the field, so they transferred to a lower program. Trust me, they were encouraged to leave. Just as hundreds over the years have been. We weren't pulling schollies, but we sure tried to get them to walk away from them.

You don't get laces

And stop bitchin about two right shoes

Smart ones do leave if they want to play. Why stick around and HOPE you may get to play.

Smart ones do leave if they want to play. Why stick around and HOPE you may get to play.
Everyone has different expectations. Some think they should get time really early, others accept they need to grow and mature into the opportunity, and hope they can crack the lineup as a junior or senior.

OMG we did not run him off. HIS DAD pulled him. HIS DAD said he pulled him. HIS DAD said he needs to grow up. What part of this do you not understand?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back