• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Benning hints at 1-2 more leaving

Can tell you right now Morgan is not getting kicked off the team (and it would make no sense for him to leave as a Junior to be and an entrenched starter) for one pot possession charge. If that were the case, we would have seen Brandon Reilly let go prior to last year. There was a lot more at play with KJJ than the one accident with the weed.

If I had to guess it will end up being your usual attrition following the spring. Fact is there are plenty of guys who have already been passed on the depth chart and can see the writing on the wall (like Simmons).

Attrition happens. Will give us more spots for the 2018 class that could be at 20+ right now because of the movement.

Yep. Also safe to assume that Reimers and Conrad get put on permanent scholarship so following attrition will have to subtract 2 from that number.

It's all relative. To me, a half oz is a lot. To Snoop Dog, a half pound is a little. This is where a Rasta smiley would come in handy.

Good point, it is relative. I was thinking more from a legal perspective. A 1/2 oz isn't necessarily a lot, but really more than anyone usually needs for recreational purposes (a fun week, etc.). An eighth can last a good while for recreational users, just as a 1.75L of alcohol can for casual drinkers. Maybe Morgan was trying to be economical, IDK :)

Last edited:
Good point, it is relative. I was thinking more from a legal perspective. A 1/2 oz isn't necessarily a lot, but really more than anyone usually needs for recreational purposes (a fun week, etc.). An eighth can last a good while for recreational users, just as a 1.75L of alcohol can for casual drinkers. Maybe Morgan was trying to be economical, IDK :)

That is actually a very legit view point especially if he is sharing with groups of people.

C

When I was a user in HS I would buy it by the OZ. Now it was not as strong then but still not more than personal use.

Absolutely, however then there might be an underlying system problem and not a player problem.
Or .... HCMR et al have set a high standard for behavior and players have to choose to abide or leave. Some choose the easy route.

Do we offer KJ his schollie when he comes back or will he come back as walkon and have to earn that schollie back? I hope he has to earn it back!
I agree. Make him walk on for a season and prove that his head is in the right place. Dad can afford the tuition. ;)

Attrition happens. Will give us more spots for the 2018 class that could be at 20+ right now because of the movement.
Too be honest, though I hate seeing young players leave, there are ALOT of good prospects in this years class that will more than replace who is leaving...and with more schollies we can get some of them....though I hope like heck KJ Jr comes back in January!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back