• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BEER!

Try the Lagunita's Sucks, that is some good stuff. I got a koozie from one of their reps at a local beer store a couple weeks ago that looks like a brown paper bag. Awesome.

Sucks is good. Can't deny that. My problem with most of the microbreweries these days is the citrusy hops on steroids IPA is it. I'm over that. Come up with something new that isn't based on citrus and beer. Grapefruit? WTH is that? That's not normal.

I didn't really care for this brew but it's ok, I just haven't been a lager fan since I quit drinking bud.
Fair enough. I quit drinking Bud a few years before they sold out, because whatever they did to change the recipe, or brewing process or whatever they did, just one Bud would give me the crappers the next day. I drank one about a year ago and it just tasted nasty.

Scrimshaw.jpg
Had a couple of these last night. Pretty good stuff. Kind of spendy, but I'd buy another six pack.

After the Husker win, I went to the liquor store on a mission to find Lagunita's Sucks. Bingo. Found it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Drinking it as I type. Good stuff, but I can't rank it above my favorites.

Was in a seasonal mood yesterday at the store and was hoping to find some Brown Sugga but they didn't have anyso I picked up a couple of sixes of these.
FullSizeRender.jpg

The dead ringer is really good and worth buying again. The Pumpkin Down is a little over the top with the allspice flavor, good for a couple of beers now and then but I would grow tired of it pretty fast.

Combined Exile brand (out of Des Moines) with Dunkel style. Good stuff.

https://exilebrewing.com/beer_list/g-g/
Great American Beer Festival 2015 Gold Medal Winner in European-Style Dark/Münchner Dunkel

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...three-iowa-beers-your-must-try-list/73045968/

Des Moines' Exile Brewing Co. won top honors in the European-style dark/dunkel category for its flagship beer Gigi. The dark lager combines the bitterness of dark chocolate malt with the sweetness of Munich malt and caramel.

"It's a great recognition for our team. It's an extremely involved process from grain to glass and to have Gigi be recognized as the very best dark lager in America is one of the best compliments we could receive as a team," says Exile's founder R.J. Tursi in a news statement.

Last edited:
Was in a seasonal mood yesterday at the store and was hoping to find some Brown Sugga but they didn't have anyso I picked up a couple of sixes of these.
View attachment 12871
The dead ringer is really good and worth buying again. The Pumpkin Down is a little over the top with the allspice flavor, good for a couple of beers now and then but I would grow tired of it pretty fast.

Had a few of the Pumpkin Down over the weekend and you're right. They're one or two a weekend and done.

Picked up a six pack of this tonight on the way home. Good stuff. Everything I've had from North Coast so far has been solid. I'd highly recommend.

Red Seal Ale.jpg

This one's good too if you're a fan of Belgian style ale 9.4% alcohol and I already had two Red Seal Ale's down the hatch.

Good thing there isn't a Nebraska game on tonight or I'd be posting some epic horse crap.

Brother.jpg

beer_128415.jpg
9.0% abv. Very hoppy, very smooth(bitter actually--haha). Spendy but I enjoyed drinking 3 of them a week or so ago. Worth a try if you can find it.

This one's good too if you're a fan of Belgian style ale 9.4% alcohol and I already had two Red Seal Ale's down the hatch.

Good thing there isn't a Nebraska game on tonight or I'd be posting some epic horse crap.

View attachment 13310

I'm about to finish up the fourth.....in a four pack and will not be driving anywhere.

Babymaker stuff right here. Bad decisions abound.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back