• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BEER!

I'm not a fan of mixed drinks for the most part, especially the sweet ones, and this particular one(beer) seriously tasted like they added sweet tarts to it, way to sweet for me. It is a horrible mixture indeed.

Lagunita's is starting to make me look elsewhere. There is such a thing as too much hops in my world. Jesus palomino.

Been drinking Backpocket Slingshot, a German Dunkel style. Dunkel is my style of choice when in Germany and this one does a decent representation.

Brewed in Coralville (Iowa City "suburb"); but, don't hold that against it.

johns-backpocket-slingshot-german-style-dark-lager.jpg
My favorite style when I was stationed over there was dopple bock, preferably brewed locally wherever I was.

I want to try some other Lagunitas' brews, but I can't keep myself from ordering Little Sumpin' Sumpin'. It's so damn good.
True story. They do have some killer brews.
I found this one just recently(It's from Deschutes actually), and it surprised me, I liked it....LOL... 5.5% abv
PacificWonderland.png

from their own words...... I agree with them.....
We’ve always believed the best way to respect tradition is to brew the unexpected. So when we set out to create a sessionable lager befitting of the Pacific Northwest, our sense of exploration led us to this dry-hopped wonder befitting of everyday adventure. Citrusy Tettnang Mandarina hops combine with the crisp, bright character of a traditional lager to deliver a beer that is truly refreshing, and undoubtedly worth sharing.

Try the Lagunita's Sucks, that is some good stuff. I got a koozie from one of their reps at a local beer store a couple weeks ago that looks like a brown paper bag. Awesome.
+11, Sucks is the best beer on the market imo. Of course I can't get my hands on any Pliney :(

Last edited:
I found this one just recently(It's from Deschutes actually), and it surprised me, I liked it....LOL... 5.5% abv
PacificWonderland.png

I'll have to give this a go, Deschutes makes some fine beer.

+11, Sucks is the best beer on the market imo. Of course I can't get my hands on any Pliney :(
I can't argue with this at all. If I find myself stuck on what to get, my go to is always Sucks. No question. Talking with their rep a couple of weeks ago and learning the history of it was pretty cool. He's the dude who gave me the brown paper bag koozie.

I'll have to look for Sucks. Sounds like something I need to try.

If you like Little Sumpin' Sumpin', and you get a chance, try Revolution Anti-Hero (Chicago), or better yet, Three Floyds (NW Indiana) Zombie Dust. I have a case of Zombie Dust in my frig right now. Outstanding. I don't know how extensive their distribution is, so it might be a difficult find.

Stocked up on some New Glarus Spotted Cow while in Milwaukee for a daughter's soccer tournament. I did wait until I got back home to drink most of it. One of my favorites.

Last edited:
PacificWonderland.png

I just picked up a 6 of this so it had better be good or I'm coming after you Sauce! Also grabbed a 6 of Sucks and a bottle of Mississippi Mud because my wife liked the bottle.
IMG_0448.PNG

I just picked up a 6 of this so it had better be good or I'm coming after you Sauce! Also grabbed a 6 of Sucks and a bottle of Mississippi Mud because my wife liked the bottle.
View attachment 12661
LOL..... It's tasty, I promise. The Mississippi Mud is surprisingly good too. For me, the Black and Tan was unusual the first couple of swigs(it's gotta be cold, really cold for me) but after the initial taste bud shock, you get the flavor of the mix and it's a nice brew if you're just having one. I kept one of the bottles because it is pretty cool looking.

LOL..... It's tasty, I promise. The Mississippi Mud is surprisingly good too. For me, the Black and Tan was unusual the first couple of swigs(it's gotta be cold, really cold for me) but after the initial taste bud shock, you get the flavor of the mix and it's a nice brew if you're just having one. I kept one of the bottles because it is pretty cool looking.
Thanks for the review Sauce, I think it will be good as I enjoy a Black and Tan when I'm out at certain restaurants, but that's with Guinness and usually the house lager, so hopefully this measures up.

PacificWonderland.png

I didn't really care for this brew but it's ok, I just haven't been a lager fan since I quit drinking bud.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back