• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BEER!

hoptimum-bottle-pint2017.png

Bought a 6er of these tonight, and am pleasantly surprised at the drinkability of this beer, it is way on the upside. 9.6 abv is pretty hefty, so, drinking the whole 6er in one sitting isn't really the best idea. On the, "Will I buy it again" meter, this rates a 9. It would rate a 10, however the price is quite spendy.

IMG_0401.JPG
Picked up some of this today and at 9.5% alc it's pretty strong, good but strong and appropriately named. Also, at $14 for a sixer it won't replace my current beer choice anytime soon, but worth the try for sure.

I haven't seen this one, we have Green Flash here, but this is a new one for me.... I'll be on the look out for it....

beer_102746.jpg
Just found this beer at my local grocery store. On sale for $8.99(for a 6er) it comes in at 7.2% and has a subtle, citrus finish. Nice bitterness with that crisp citrus, makes this a very drinkable brew. Nice find for me.

Last edited:

The first new brew I've had in a bit, but it turned out to be very drinkable, although I could only find it in pint bottles(22 oz actually), so I only bought one. For those of you who were into Breaking Bad, well, here is a beer for you to try.
Old school meets new school in this fresh approach to the classic IPA. At 50 IBU’s and 6.5% ABV, Breaking Bud features the restrained bitterness and alcohol of a classic IPA with newer tropical fruit hop flavors and aromas of Mosaic. Also in the hop mix are Simcoe and CTZ, creating layers of mango, passion fruit, pine and dank. A malt bill with a pinch of crystal malt and a hefty dose of flaked wheat keeps the beer crisp while adding flavor complexity.
bearpanel_breakingbud_newbarrles.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_0434.PNG
This is the only new beer I've had in a bit, catchey name but don't waste your money on it.

Been drinking Backpocket Slingshot, a German Dunkel style. Dunkel is my style of choice when in Germany and this one does a decent representation.

Brewed in Coralville (Iowa City "suburb"); but, don't hold that against it.

johns-backpocket-slingshot-german-style-dark-lager.jpg

Last edited:

Been drinking Backpocket Slingshot, a German Dunkel style. Dunkel is my style of choice when in Germany and this one does a fair representation.

Brewed in Coralville (Iowa City "suburb"); but, don't hold that against it.

johns-backpocket-slingshot-german-style-dark-lager.jpg
That's another new one for me. I haven't seen it out here on the left coast yet, but we do seem to get a lot of styles. Maybe they are to small to ship this far. Sounds like it is a nice, drinkable beer.

That's another new one for me. I haven't seen it out here on the left coast yet, but we do seem to get a lot of styles. Maybe they are to small to ship this far. Sounds like it is a nice, drinkable beer.

We just got back from a Washington State vacation and try to drink local choices on our trips.

We had a couple of Elysian brand ones, Space Dust was solid and available at our local grocery store in Iowa.

Last edited:

We just got back from a Washington State vacation and try to drink local choices on our trips.

We had a couple of Elysian brand ones, Space Dust was solid and available at our local grocery store in Iowa.
It's all around this area, but at 15 bucks for a sixer, I haven't sprung for it yet. I've tried to find a single, but so far, I have struck out on that endeavor also. Maybe I'll just say to heck with it, and splurge, I just keep thinking I'll find it in a single.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back