• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BEER!

Time to ban TV beer commercials. And billboards, magazines, etc. ads too. Just like TV cigarettes ads.

Obviously powerful lobbyists .....

Last edited:

Time to ban TV beer commercials. And billboards, magazines, etc. ads too. Just like TV cigarettes ads.

Obviously powerful lobbyists .....
200.gif

I hang my head in shame. It's so damned hot in South Carolina this time of the year I'm reduced to Mich Ultra or the occasional 12 pack of Yuengling Light. One malty, hoppy craft beer and I might as well eat a loaf of bread. Until it cools off, it's either bubbly beer flavored water or bourbon mixed drinks.

Come on fall.

I hang my head in shame. It's so damned hot in South Carolina this time of the year I'm reduced to Mich Ultra or the occasional 12 pack of Yuengling Light. One malty, hoppy craft beer and I might as well eat a loaf of bread. Until it cools off, it's either bubbly beer flavored water or bourbon mixed drinks.

Come on fall.

i went to South Carolina in January once. it was crazy hot. i couldn't imagine it in july!

86a01cb8aa0b404447f0182e21a71ca2_640x640.jpg

Just tried this one, and it surprised me. Very drinkable. 7.2%abv, and being from "El Segundo Brewing Co." the whole time I was drinking it, I kept thinking of Fred Sanford, aka, Redd Foxx. :Biggrin::Cheers:

Last edited:
i went to South Carolina in January once. it was crazy hot. i couldn't imagine it in july!

January is usually very comfortable, but can still get in the 70's. It was 95 yesterday with a heat index of 107 when I went out on the lake. Sweat beer out faster than you can drink it.

Bought a sampler from The Iowa Brewing Company, a Cedar Rapids, Iowa microbrewery.
upload_2018-7-19_21-5-44.png upload_2018-7-19_21-6-7.png upload_2018-7-19_21-6-24.png upload_2018-7-19_21-6-37.png

Had two of the Oja Baltic Porter. I'm not a big fan of Porters; but, this one is ok.

I wasn't a big fan of the Bohemian Rapids, a Czech Pilsner. Not sure if that is more about the style than the particular version. Haven't had the Tragedy or Red Thing yet.

Last edited:
Haven't had the Tradedy or Red Thing yet.
Slacker. I dunno, the first two you tried, sounds kind of disappointing. I found this 12 oz brew at Trader Joe's. Sour Saison from New Belgium.
tile1_2018soursaison.jpg
7%ABV
I've tried to like these type beers, but man, they suck. Tastes a lot like sweet tarts. I only bought 1 12 ounce just to try, I saved some money. I did finish it though, so, that at least says something. :)

Slacker. I dunno, the first two you tried, sounds kind of disappointing. I found this 12 oz brew at Trader Joe's. Sour Saison from New Belgium.
I've tried to like these type beers, but man, they suck. Tastes a lot like sweet tarts. I only bought 1 12 ounce just to try, I saved some money. I did finish it though, so, that at least says something. :)

I've tried the other two. The Tragedy was decent. I'm liking the Red.

Fugli_Featured_Image.png
Found this one yesterday, in a local watering hole, that has great food, and a different daily special every day of the year. 5.8% and it was surprisingly, very drinkable.

Yuzu and Ugli fruit infusions twisted together with the blueberry, tangerine notes of Mosaic make for a tangy, juicy, zesty array of aroma and flavor. Salivation will instantly ensue with one sniff of this crushable brew (5.8% ABV, 60 IBUs) that was inspired by a Yuzu brew we made with some brewing friends in Japan.

Last edited:
Stayed in Narragansett, RI for our summer vacation (near Newport).

Bought a sampler from Narrangasett brewing company. Frankly, only 1 of the 3 I tried (the Town Beach) would be a repeat buy. My wife had all of the shandy's and said that was pretty good.

upload_2018-8-11_11-11-9.png

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back