• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BEER!

Found two new brews this past week, one, I have seen on the shelves but never tried because it was $14.99 for a sixer, they had it on sale for $5.99 this past weekend.
The first one, is from New Zealand, Tuatara Brewing company. Kapai, New Zealand Pale Ale. Comes in at a nice 5.8% abv.
IMG_0934-e1499659500581-225x300.jpg

The bottle is really cool too. A fine drinking Pale Ale, if I do say so myself.

Last edited:
The second one, comes from Deschutes Brewery. It almost seems like I've posted this one before, but I really don't remember if I have or not, or if someone else has.....
beer_232845.jpg
coming in at a hefty 8.0%, it is a bitter brew and most likely wont be on everybody's list of beers to drink. It's not my favorite from Deschutes, but it does deliver.

We're heading to DC for spring break on Saturday and like to sample locally brewed beers. Any suggestions for Maryland brews?

We're heading to DC for spring break on Saturday and like to sample locally brewed beers. Any suggestions for Maryland brews?
I've never been to Maryland, and I know next to nothing of their brews, so I can't offer any beers to try...... Hopefully, others on here can, or, while you are there, you can tell us what you found and liked.

I went with this one that was rated #2 on Beer Advocate. It is very, very good.

My wife went with Baby Horse by 21st Amendment Brewery, which she really likes; but, was quite a ways behind according to my taste buds.

Double_Duckpin_Feature.jpg

EF027617-1C7D-4A06-BC44-9E012A526C60.jpeg
This is my first try from a local brewer, they have been around awhile and I have heard a lot of good things about them so I finally picked up some.

HOPPY TIMES
INDIA PALE ALE
7.0% ABV

This ain't your dad's IPA, but maybe he'll like it, too. Generously hopped with Cascade and Chinook hops, and a pinch of Citra, this beer has a crisp, dry finish that will leave you begging for more. If you think this beer isn't hoppy enough, it's you, not us.

Available on draft and in 12 oz. c

Last edited:
Well, me being a hop fan, this brew is trending toward the tops because of hops..... Great brew this one is.... 9.3% abv this being hoop season and all, this beer being a pint and 6 oz, is a one and done beer.
Hopocalypse2015-7-2.jpg

Bought a variety pack of beer from Trouble Brewing Co. out of Rochester NY. Two of the brews from this pack are very nice, one is okay, the last is horrible. Cat's Away IPA and After Party Pale Ale, are both pretty smooth drinking brews. Cat's Away comes in at 5.9% abv and After Party comes in at 5.3%. I would buy both again, if I could find them as a sixer or 12 pack. The other two, probably not.

The other two beers, 'Round Mid Night Belgian White(5.4%) was okay, nothing special here, not totally nasty, but wouldn't bother with it again, have two left.

The last one, just wrong, wrong, wrong. I think Mack would like it though. Red Flag Amber(4.5%) is an amber colored ale, with the added rush of "Honey". Honey has absolutely ZERO business, being in a beer. This one SUCKS big time. I almost gagged when I first tried it. Nasty. I made chicken tenders, and used the rest of the beer for wetting, before coating my chicken(LOL). I have two of these left also, will use them to cook with, as the honey does go well with chicken. Try the first two, skip the second two.

Bought a variety pack of beer from Trouble Brewing Co. out of Rochester NY. Two of the brews from this pack are very nice, one is okay, the last is horrible. Cat's Away IPA and After Party Pale Ale, are both pretty smooth drinking brews. Cat's Away comes in at 5.9% abv and After Party comes in at 5.3%. I would buy both again, if I could find them as a sixer or 12 pack. The other two, probably not.

The other two beers, 'Round Mid Night Belgian White(5.4%) was okay, nothing special here, not totally nasty, but wouldn't bother with it again, have two left.

The last one, just wrong, wrong, wrong. I think Mack would like it though. Red Flag Amber(4.5%) is an amber colored ale, with the added rush of "Honey". Honey has absolutely ZERO business, being in a beer. This one SUCKS big time. I almost gagged when I first tried it. Nasty. I made chicken tenders, and used the rest of the beer for wetting, before coating my chicken(LOL). I have two of these left also, will use them to cook with, as the honey does go well with chicken. Try the first two, skip the second two.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...eging-fraudulent-marketing-of-its-craft-beer/

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back