• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BEER!

I never had the displeasure to deploy to Korea but, since I was a tanker, I know a lot of dudes whom did. They used to tell me stories about burning the formaldehyde off the top of the Soju before drinking it. They also told me they lost a lot of nights to that stuff.
Soju is an incredible drink, fill a glass with it and add a shot of Mountain Dew and you wouldn’t taste any alcohol. First and last rule of drinking soju was, Stop drinking when you couldn’t feel your feet, if you didn’t you better hope you had good friends to make sure you got home. Luckily I had very good friends on a couple of occasions.

4C1D1900-D214-481D-9321-3C78C5903E0B.jpeg

Not beer, but if you ever venture to Thailand I suggest you give this a try. I had some and it kicked my ass hard.

https://lifeinthailand.weebly.com/lao-khow-thai-whiskey.html

My wife bought me a 4-pack of this great NE Iowa brew as part of my christmas gift. I'm liking it.

From the TG website:
Pale Ale – 6.3% ABV • 31 IBU

Waves of mandarin orange aroma swell into this light ale body, coasting to a smooth, easy finish. This Tsunami is a breezy ride, not too bitter, and a perfect introduction for those not yet familiar with the craft brewing world. Prepare your palate to take the plunge with a chilled Tsunami Pale.

TS.REFORMAT-480x720.jpg

I tend to like the Stone entries also. Bastard Ale and Double Bastard Ale, good stuff.... One I finally bought, as it's been sold out here for a few weeks, but I found it on sale today for $8.99 for a sixer....
hopbullet2017bottlepint.png
Hop Bullet™ Double IPA
Brewed with a double-barreled blast of Magnum hops and lupulin dust.
Hops are the name of the game with a Double IPA, but we knew we had to take it one step further. With Hop Bullet, we’re using a new technique, hitting the beer with a double-barreled blast of Magnum hops and lupulin dust—pure, concentrated hop flavor—directly into the tank to emphasize the intense pine and citrus flavors of classic West Coast hops.
Overview
  • Alcohol Content 8.0% by volume
  • Beginning gravity 17.6° plato
  • Ending Gravity 2.4° plato
  • Bitterness Units 60
I am enjoying my very first one, and I am very pleased with this brew, Sierra Nevada did a fine job with this one....

Last edited:
What did you think of it? Does it have that "burnt coffee" flavor? I have to admit, I am not a fan of that burnt coffee taste. I'd try it, given a chance, but I have never heard of it before, it's probably got a relatively small distribution footprint.

I think it is local to Tucson. I wouldn't say it was burnt coffee, had a good mellow flavor that my wife and I really liked.

I'm not really very good at describing the flavors...I either like it or i don't. As long as there is not citrus or other fruits added to my beer, I'm usually liking.

Keep seeing this commercial, but it hasn't hit the shelves anywhere around here that I've seen. Anybody try this new entry from Samuel Adams yet?
76detailheaderlgimg--en--400efacb-9e1f-4759-9515-a63e966d6fa8.jpg

Keep seeing this commercial, but it hasn't hit the shelves anywhere around here that I've seen. Anybody try this new entry from Samuel Adams yet?
76detailheaderlgimg--en--400efacb-9e1f-4759-9515-a63e966d6fa8.jpg
Funny thing, after my trip to Boston last year I can’t stand the taste of any of their beer that I buy in Nevada, it all tastes old and stale to me.

Been lurking more than posting lately. I swear there are some dudes in the football forum who either need to get laid or, at the very least, drink some decent beer to kind of take the edge off. CRIMINY!

Sauce I got the Hop Bullet. I agree. Tip of the hat to Sierra Nevada. Well done. BG I haven't see the Dragoon here but I'll give it a shot when I do, even if Sauce thinks it tastes like campfire coffee.

I have bull-rushed through an interesting selection in the last 6 weeks. Here's a sampling. It's actually hard to remember them all. I'm the Wilt Chamberlain of beer tasting.
Deschutes Red Chair American Pale Ale. Very tasty! 6.2%
https://www.deschutesbrewery.com/beer/red-chair-nwpa/

Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing IPA. An unfiltered East Coast IPA. Really nice (cans) 6.7%
https://sierranevada.com/beer/year-round/hazy-little-thing-ipa

I think we already discussed the Founders Breakfast Stout. I could marry this beer it is that good (8.3%)
https://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/breakfast-stout/

Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shutdown Ale (9.6%). Sweet. Balanced. Fruity almost? Then a Hop Smash to the face. I THINK I LOVE HER!
https://lagunitas.com/beer/undercover

Cheers Mates and GBR! :Cheers: :Koolaid2:

Came across this tasty bottle of suds tonight, and I really liked it. Bought a pint just to try it out, and find it's very drinkable, I'll be buying a couple more tomorrow. 7.0% abv

dd04a6259275c397fcaafef5ec3ec1b1_320x320.jpg

Last edited:

Came across this tasty bottle of suds tonight, and I really liked it. Bought a pint just to try it out, and find it's very drinkable, I'll be buying a couple more tomorrow. 7.0% abv

dd04a6259275c397fcaafef5ec3ec1b1_320x320.jpg
Joyrider, perhaps not the best name for a beer. Out Of Bounds Brewing from Placerville, CA. It's worth a try.

I thought that I had posted this on here, but it probably some other beer thread or a stand alone thread I suppose. But, this is another one of those spendy 6 packs that was on sale tonight. I haven't had one in a year or more, so I figured, "Hey, why not?"
Fogcutter_0.png

Fogcutter Double IPA
ABV 8.70%
Buckle up, buckaroo – you’re about to go on a wild, hoppy ride. The Fogcutter is our first true double IPA, and it’s quite the work of art. Yeah, it’s bitter, but it’s supposed to be. And the variety of malt flavors and aroma help balance it all out, as any good DIPA deserves. The bright, citrusy nose is born from the extra dry-hop from Cascade, Centennial, Crystal, Chinook, and Citra hops.

I am digging it. Only 2 tonight though, as I gotta get up tomorrow.

Wife picked up a 12 of these. Good stuff, a little lighter than many of the IPAs.

Wolf-Pup-Golden-Road-Brewing

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back