• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Barfy reddit AMA fail

It would all go away if he just admitted he made a mistake.

No it wouldn't. Husker fans would only remember the vote, not the mea culpa.

I don't quite understand everyone's ire at LB. He calls it as he sees it, and he's been saying "the emperor has no clothes" with regard to NU FB for 18 years. And he's been right. NU FB hasn't been mediocre for that time because he says it's mediocre, it's been mediocre because of SP, BC, BP, SE, MR, etc.

It would all go away if he just admitted he made a mistake.

Lee did not make a mistake in 97, he did exactly what he wanted to do. He is infamous.

He had a choice: Pick NU, and receive flashback from media colleagues for being a homer, or Pick Mich and receive flashback from NU fans.

He should have picked NU, cuz his media buddies probably would have forgotten.

I don't remember any of the '97 controversy, however I am a little surprised that a story that essentially boils down to "the internet is a rough place" had enough legs to even get published.

Never been a Barfknecht fan. In fact this is the first time I ever spelled his name correctly. But when it comes to him versus social media, its a no brainer for me. Lee wins. That is why I like HM, they actually try their best to maintain some decency in our debates. Not sure this was newsworthy. Lee is just a click bait hack from decades past. He is an agent of ire anytime he does anything. I always know when I am going to disagree with what's written in an article, its that moment when I see that it was written by him. I am surprised that he didn't say 'get off my lawn'.

Reddit had to know exactly what they were going to get, and they loved it. Jon Johnston demonstrated his understanding of the term click bait.
Stay away from Hot Topics. That forum is no longer moderated, so the inmates are beginning to run the asylum. ;)

Did Barfknecht answer the question on Reddit? Has he ever explained his '97 vote?

He had a choice: Pick NU, and receive flashback from media colleagues for being a homer, or Pick Mich and receive flashback from NU fans.

He should have picked NU, cuz his media buddies probably would have forgotten.

They would have forgotten by the following week when NFL playoffs started. Fans will hold a grudge until they die.

C

Okay, I read the article.

My read on it was that it was a "small subset of Nebraska fans" fail. So much so, that there may not be another Nebraska related Ask Me Anything (AMA) segment since it is anticipated this same small subset of fans would wreck it the way they did this one.

Okay, I read the article.

My read on it was that it was a "small subset of Nebraska fans" fail. So much so, that there may not be another Nebraska related Ask Me Anything (AMA) segment since it is anticipated this same small subset of fans would wreck it the way they did this one.
OOOOHHHH NOOOOOO!!! How we will ever survive without a reddit AMA in our future.

For the record you will probably get the same kind of reaction on any CFB related subject.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back