• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Banker out

Well I said before he fired Hughes that Riley would show he means his praise of Nebraska and its tradition if he was willing to fire people. Otherwise it would be just so many words.

Hughes was easy. Reed would have been hard. Now Banker? Riley has enough money to retire comfortably on his property down in Texas. But instead he's as serious as a loaded gun.

I wish all these guys well and I don't celebrate anybody losing their job. That said, I'm seeing Riley as a man who understands Nebraska and is dedicated to its success. He honors our program and all of us who are a part of it with his seriousness.

I am behind him 100% for a number of years now, with the fierceness of a pit bull.

Last edited:

Well I said before he fired Hughes that Riley would show he means his praise of Nebraska and its tradition if he was willing to fire people. Otherwise it would be just so many words.

Hughes was easy. Reed would have been hard. Now Banker? Riley has enough money to retire comfortably on his property down in Texas. But instead he's as serious as a loaded gun.

I wish all these guys well and I don't celebrate anybody losing their job. That said, I'm seeing Riley as a man who understands Nebraska and is dedicated to its success. He honors our program and all of us who are a part of it with his seriousness.

I am behind him 100% for a number of years now with the fierceness of a pit bull.

Good statement.

And keep in mind Riley upgrades every time he replaces. Looks like he may know what he's doing.

I would guess that he names the new coaches by the end of the week. This is a very important time with only a few weeks left in recruiting. He will not want to leave the jobs open and make recruits nervous.

An NFL guy makes the most sense. It's tough to pry away an established college DC just with money. Most teams can match any reasonable offer that can be made. It's also tough to go with a young up-and-comer (like a G5 guy) because it probably means you lose Bray.

I was expecting some Husker drama today from a source I have who is in the Husker program. However, I was not expecting Banker to be gone. I thought maybe it would be Cavanaugh. If anyone thinks Riley is not serious about making UN into a better football program, think again. Riley has connections so we shall see who he hires. I would bet the farm that Riley has had a plan for some time. He did not just fire Banker and then start looking. Bet he has had a very "short list" for a while. Should be interesting.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back