• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Banker out

This kind of reminds me of the year Larry Coker fired most of his staff at Miami.

No one is ever going to know the true story, so why even start a discussion about why. That is unless a person is just looking to stir up some drama, where none may exist. Shatel is in the business to stir up drama, so I can see that. But since no one here knows anything, to ask why is merely an attempt to stir up forum drama.

1. No one is ever going to know the true story, so why even start a discussion about why?

I did it because everyone on this thread was giving credit to MR for making this move, when that may not be the case at all. For all we know, MR may have been pleading to SE to give Banker one more year, and SE, who holds the purse strings, said no.

2. That is unless a person is just looking to stir up some drama, where none may exist.

Since no reason was given as to why the decision was made, I wanted to point out that it is possible that Banker is gone for reasons other than the one everybody is assuming...which is that it was done because MR is in pursuit of championships and Banker could not cut the mustard.

3. Shatel is in the business to stir up drama, so I can see that.

I guess Sam McKewon is in the same business. Like Shatel, he claims that he does not know who made the decision when he wrote...

"The big question: Who’s driving these changes? Is it Riley? Is it the Riley Whisperer, executive director of player personnel Billy Devaney? Is it Athletic Director Shawn Eichorst? If it is Riley, this is uncharted territory for a guy who prides himself on loyalty."

3. But since no one here knows anything, to ask why is merely an attempt to stir up forum drama.

Wrong. It is an attempt to let people know that their unfounded claim that this was done purely for the sake of pursuing championships is not necessarily true.

Last edited:
It is an attempt to let people know that their unfounded claim that this was done purely for the sake of pursuing championships is not necessarily true.

And it isn't necessarily false either. Much like a merry-go-round...

I think if you're open to it, you'll get your answer in due time.

1. No one is ever going to know the true story, so why even start a discussion about why?

I did it because everyone on this thread was giving credit to MR for making this move, when that may not be the case at all. For all we know, MR may have been pleading to SE to give Banker one more year, and SE, who holds the purse strings, said no.

Yes, I can see how some might feel MR could be getting too much credit for trying to improve the team and win a championship by firing one of his coaches. Better to throw out a SE conspiracy, or maybe even an inappropriate behavior conspiracy. After all, we don't want these people thinking this might be the right coach, and passing on another certain coach was a mistake.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back