Get tickets for all Husker games here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Report ad problems here.

1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Banker out

Discussion in 'Football' started by NUinID, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Goal-line

Goal-line Scout Team 2 Year Member

Remember the comment by one of the announcers, early in the bowl game, about our backers having "stone shoes?" That, to me, has be obvious since Riley was named head coach.

Thunder's Call'n likes this.
  2. SoCalRed

SoCalRed All Big 10 2 Year Member

The only thing I really want to know is which boosters pushed for this firing?

Skunkman1 and Thunder's Call'n like this.
  3. Thunder's Call'n

Thunder's Call'n Recruit

Bray's LBs start looking a whole lot better when he starts Avery Roberts or Tyrin Ferguson over Dedrick Young next season. From what I saw, Dedrick is not a starter

If we do move to the 3-4 (I doubt it, the minority of colleges use 3-4), we have Tyrin Ferguson.... Guinness book of world record arm length.... he could be a prototype 3-4 end LB

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  4. Goal-line

What did you see in Dedrick? He was supposed to an answer to the LB crew?

5. Mack The Shark

Mack The Shark Varsity 2 Year Member

[​IMG]

HuskerTex and CPD924 like this.
  6. Thunder's Call'n

Thunder's Call'n Recruit

I really believe that our defense completely changed at the OSU game. I was there, I bought me and my Dad a ticket, and it was easily the worst decision of my life and my paycheck. Even the OSU fans were bummed, what a crappy game.

After that game our D completely checked out. I knew it when I saw Aaron Williams slacking on plays in the second half. That was sad.

I am really happy we are going to have a new set of, qualified and possibly overpaid, eyes taking a look at the talent on defense this fall.

Skunkman1 and Goal-line like this.
  7. Goal-line

By the way, and I have not read through this entire thread, where is Monty Kiffin these days?:Lol:

Monte Kiffin is an American football coach, currently serving as the assistant head coach of defense for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League. He is widely considered to be one of the preeminent defensive coordinators in modern football, as well as one of the greatest defensive coordinators in NFL history.

I know, he is 78 years old.

8. Thunder's Call'n

Thunder's Call'n Recruit

I mean he started last year, I expected a bigger improvement this year. Maybe I am asking too much.

Coming from starting as a true freshman, IMPO, now an underperforming sophomore, he should now have to compete for a spot based on how he played last year and the new DC change. He is clearly an inside LB. He is a flat footed runner, unlike Mo Barry, who has a little more gitty up. Im not counting him out, I just want more

9. Goal-line

Agree! Everyone should have to "compete" for a starting position each year. And, just like Banker, if there is not significant improvement or there is regression, someone else can take your place.

10. Thunder's Call'n

Thunder's Call'n Recruit

Oh yeah, and where did he start? (No need to answer)

I think you meant he is the preeminent coordinator of defense in modern football

11. bilsker

bilsker Husker Fan 10 Year Member

God that's dumb

12. SavageHusker

SavageHusker Recruit

Why this fascination with NFL people. Most NFLers have failed as head coaches. The games are different. I get Riley is all pro-style but the games have evolved in different directions. Monte Kiffin was killing it in the NFL and got killed in the NCAA.

13. SavageHusker

SavageHusker Recruit

Please, please, please stop with the go get an NFL guy mantra. Bill Callahan was an NFL guy. Tim Brewster was an NFL guy. Monte Kiffin was an NFL guy. Go get a cutting edge up and coming college guy. They are different games.

14. SavageHusker

SavageHusker Recruit

Bingo. Riley put himself in a hole. It's on him he brought a bunch of B players with him and lost 2 years. I gotta ask, what about Cavanaugh and Reggie Davis? Frankly, DL isn't lighting the world on fire but ok let's see what he does with a statuesque pro style QB next year.

15. Twelve String

Twelve String Red Shirt 2 Year Member

Your comment About Billy D makes sense to me. Just have to wait it out.