• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Banker out

2 months is still very little time to make up ground on recruiting kids that some staffs had been recruiting for years.
For a guy that had been in the business for many years and was well-respected by his peers, it shouldn't have been hard to assemble a staff. Banker, Cavanaugh, Read, and Bray came with him from OSU, and Langsdorf was just one season removed from the Beavers. Reggie Davis played for Riley and was on his OSU staff previously. That left just Stewart, Williams, and Hughes (who was Banker's pal) that might have taken some time to find.

The time frame wasn't unique for a newly hired coach.

I go away for like 6 hours and this happens?;)

Damon did say on the radio show yesterday that more changes were coming, but I didn't think it would happen so soon. Side note: A few of the posters on here were saying the same thing so props to them as well.

I trust in Coach Riley to find the best coach available. Let's do this!!!!!!:Ironn:

I am happy that Banker is gone, but we better be willing to shell out the money needed to attract a top D-coordinator or the decision will be for naught.

I am neutral about Stewart. Good luck to him. I think Riley can find someone as good or better to replace him.

Sorry that The Gundy is leaving, but good for him for being willing to take a chance to pursue his dream.

Best of luck to all three. I think they all tried to do the best they could here.

It means even your impending death wouldn't stop you from complaining about something trivial.

You are kind of the captain of the bitch and moan brigade, so I see where he is coming from.
I'm not bitching about anything. Just hope we get top notch coaches to replace those that are leaving.

I do find it interesting that so many from the initial staff (a staff that was highly praised by many here) are now gone.

262 posts, nearing the zombie hour, and no one knows the answer? Damn! How disappointing. When does Coach Riley have his news conference to announce the firing and subsequently the hiring of a new DC?

I guarantee you that he had a list and it was very, very short. No Huskermax poster had a key to his desk drawer? Wikileaks and the Russians can't provide some info? Something is not correct, here!

Last edited:
262 posts and nearing the zombie hour, and no one knows the answer? Damn! How disappointing. When does Coach Riley have his news conference to announce the firing and subsequently the hiring of a new DC?
It's the dead period for such press conferences, too.

I'm not bitching about anything. Just hope we get top notch coaches to replace those that are leaving.

I do find it interesting that so many from the initial staff (a staff that was highly praised by many here) are now gone.

I don't think that was the case with too many here. I think the vast majority of posters were concerned about the number of OSU coaches following MR . . . most especially Banker.

Sure you are. Instead of hoping for quality hires and leaving it at that, you slip in that the original staff shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

The closest you ever come to positivity is damnation with faint praise.

Yes. They were.

Interesting. Care to expand on that? Seems like they held their own. Banderas led the team in tackles, Rose Ivey at third. They certainly made mistakes, but, everyone does. I wouldn't call their play extraordinary, but, it certainly wasn't terrible.

Sure you are. Instead of hoping for quality hires and leaving it at that, you slip in that the original staff shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

The closest you ever come to positivity is damnation with faint praise.
Sorry, but the high number of firings in just two seasons is a pretty good indication that people who had concerns about the staff have been at least partially correct.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back