• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Austin Officially Gets an MSL Team

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
Austin Mayor, Steve Adler:

Austin is excited about Major League Soccer, and I am too. The soccer team is paying for and building a stadium. Then giving it to us for free. And then paying us rent to use it. There are no public subsidies and the city writes no checks to the team. I am proud we have the best stadium deal in the country that will provide significant and much needed community benefits, including affordable housing and youth soccer opportunities. This activity will physically and socially unite the city in a new and very needed way. I can’t wait until we are all wearing the same jersey and celebrating our first championship in Austin. Austin is looking and moving forward!

pols_feature32-1.jpg

To note: This is the current/soon former Columbus Crew ... Austin Bold FC.

No offense, but I'm not sure which I care less about, Austin or soccer... :O O:

For the life of me I have no clue why some people have to come into a thread and crap on it just because.

Neither of your posts serve any purpose what so ever except to stir the pot and be buttheadish.

No need for this sort of stuff. I guarantee you if I were to do the same to you that you would not be happy

Bottom line is just stop and stop now

RR

Austin Mayor, Steve Adler:

Austin is excited about Major League Soccer, and I am too. The soccer team is paying for and building a stadium. Then giving it to us for free. And then paying us rent to use it. There are no public subsidies and the city writes no checks to the team. I am proud we have the best stadium deal in the country that will provide significant and much needed community benefits, including affordable housing and youth soccer opportunities. This activity will physically and socially unite the city in a new and very needed way. I can’t wait until we are all wearing the same jersey and celebrating our first championship in Austin. Austin is looking and moving forward!

pols_feature32-1.jpg

To note: This is the current/soon former Columbus Crew ... Austin Bold FC.

The owner of the Crew has been less than disengious with the fans and city of Columbus. Really sad to see that happen to one of the original franchises

It does set up a rivalry with FC Dallas

Last edited:

The owner of the Crew has been less than disengious with the fans and city of Columbus. Really sad to see that happen to one of the original franchises

It does set up a rivalry with FC Dallas

This is true.

Even Austinites are aware of how much of a weasel Precourt is. There were planes flying banners downtown, ripping him to shreds.

That said, Austin is pretty excited to get a soccer team. This is easily the most soccer crazy city that I've lived in.

This is true.

Even Austinites are aware of how much of a weasel Precourt is. There were planes flying banners downtown, ripping him to shreds.

That said, Austin is pretty excited to get a soccer team. This is easily the most soccer crazy city that I've lived in.

Can not blame the fans of Austin for feeling like that. We were on hand when RSL started in Salt Lake City and it was pretty exciting. Still hardcore RSL fans in season 14

Yeah watch that owner

Can not blame the fans of Austin for feeling like that. We were on hand when RSL started in Salt Lake City and it was pretty exciting. Still hardcore RSL fans in season 14

Yeah watch that owner

I'm strongly considering getting season tickets. The only drawback is the stadium will not be built near downtown, which is where I live.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back