• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Attendance down last two years

I can't read the article (pay wall) but it was obvious to anyone who was at a game that attendance was down. I'm up high in the south stadium and last year there was plenty of room to "man spread." If events had not unfolded as they did, I would have given up my season tickets. What a malaise the program was under and things went from bad to worse after the NI loss. The football gods are seemingly smiling on DONU once again!

I can't read the article (pay wall) but it was obvious to anyone who was at a game that attendance was down. I'm up high in the south stadium and last year there was plenty of room to "man spread." If events had not unfolded as they did, I would have given up my season tickets. What a malaise the program was under and things went from bad to worse after the NI loss. The football gods are seemingly smiling on DONU once again!
It's almost as though Eichorst was sabotaging the program. No one can be that damn stupid, can they? Perlman and Eichorst hired a worse coach than Callahan. I never thought I'd say that. There were holes in the seats everywhere. You could see it on tv.

Yep. In prior years, I usually made it to Lincoln for at least one game, but couldn't make myself go in the last couple. Heck, there were times I just DVR'd the games and watched parts later. It was painful to know when we were playing Ohio State or some other quality football program, folks just knew we were going to get pounded by 30 or more. Who wants to watch that?

Nebraska needs to look at downsizing Memorial Stadium seating capacity at some point next decade. Or certainly no additional seats.

Yes, the excitement will keep demand high in the short-term. But the long-term trend across all sports is less and less interest -- especially from the young base.

Last edited:
I can't read the article (pay wall)
I'm not a subscriber and didn't get the pay wall this time. hmm
hmm.gif

Nebraska needs to look at downsizing Memorial Stadium seating capacity at some point next decade. Or certainly no additional seats.

Yes, the excitement will keep demand high in the short-term. But the long-term trend across all sports is less and less interest -- especially from the young base.
So just give up?

I think I'll wait and see what kinds of improvements Moos makes to the entire fan experience.

It's almost as though Eichorst was sabotaging the program. No one can be that damn stupid, can they? Perlman and Eichorst hired a worse coach than Callahan. I never thought I'd say that. There were holes in the seats everywhere. You could see it on tv.
Makes you wonder if Alvarez wanted Eichorst to bury us. As an AD Eichorst seemed to do everything he could to ruin the program.

So just give up?

I think I'll wait and see what kinds of improvements Moos makes to the entire fan experience.

It's not giving up.

It's called being smart and proactive.

It's realizing that you need to improve the gameday experience to encourage people to attend. Packing people in like sardines has less and less appeal.

Stadiums across the country -- in both the NFL and college football are downsizing. But not losing revenue by doing so. In many cases, increasing revenue. Penn State is the next program wise enough to join this trend.

Last edited:
It's not giving up.

It's called being smart and proactive.

It's realizing that you need to improve the gameday experience to encourage people to attend. Packing people in like sardines has less and less appeal.

Stadiums across the country -- in both the NFL and college football are downsizing. But not losing revenue by doing so. In many cases, increasing revenue.
Sounds just like what Moos is doing.

:Cheers:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back