• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

asst coaches ?

Power of Corn

Scout Team
10 Year Member
I hope we can hang on to parella, and the 2 williams guys. how cool would it be if frost could convince Tom Rathman to come coach the RB ?

I hope we can hang on to parella, and the 2 williams guys. how cool would it be if frost could convince Tom Rathman to come coach the RB ?
I was hoping Frost would keep these guys. I believe I read somewhere a while back that if Frost goes he takes his assistants with him.

Going to be a learning experience for any of the assistants unless they've coached in the Big 10.... Again that assumes SF is getting hired? SF will also have a learning curve because he's going to be coaching against some extremely good HC's in this conference. I'd venture to say he might be the least experienced HC in the BIG if he takes the job.........

Last edited:

That being said, Parrella pulled in some studs for 2017 class but it not impressed with his 2018 guys so may not be as important for the DL.

I also think Donte may already have something lined up.

Last edited:
He will bring most of his guys, but he kept a couple guys that were at UCF for recruiting continuity. I think he will keep a guy or two so that his core guys he brings with can instill the demeanor he wants and their concepts.

This makes sense and trying to put bias aside I would rank them:
Donte Williams
John Parrella
Keith Williams

I think the defense is more critical than WR's at this point.

Current UCF coaches - my guesses on who would come with Scott
Assoc. HC/LB/Special Teams: worked with Scott at UNI and was hired by Scott - N

DC: Hired by Scott, Outside LB @ Oregon for 2 years, DL @ Eagles for 1 year...has good numbers as a DC, but I wonder how that stacks up with Big Ten talent...alma mater is Iowa - N

OC/WR: Hired by Scott, played in the NFL from 2000-2007 and even won the Biletnikoff award while at Stanford in 1999 - doesn't have many names under his belt for development, but seems to have solid experience - N

OL: Another Husker, another Scott hire; Time at Oregon, 3 years @ Eagles for Asst. OL and 2 years at UCF - N

Tight Ends/Recruiting: UCF lifer...has NFL experience; Was moved from WR to TE when Scott was hired - UCF

DL: Hired by Scott and had been a coach under Chip Kelly in the NFL. Most of his experience has been with LB..this one is tough as Scott hired him off Chip, but at Nebraska is sitting an Alum - UCF

DB: Started there before Scott and is an UCF alum, so I can see wanting to keep Donte Williams to try reeling in some of those big time recruits again - UCF

RB: Ryan Held from Nebraska, played with Scott, hired by Scott - N

QB: Hired by Scott, spent 2001-2014 as QB coach at UNI, has experience under Bill Walsh; coached four QBs that have played in NFL - N

Last edited:
Donte Williams
John Parrella
Keith Williams

DC: Hired by Scott, Outside LB @ Oregon for 2 years, DL @ Eagles for 1 year...has good numbers as a DC, but I wonder how that stacks up with Big Ten talent...alma mater is Iowa - N

OC/WR: Hired by Scott, played in the NFL from 2000-2007 and even won the Biletnikoff award while at Stanford in 1999 - doesn't have many names under his belt for development, but seems to have solid experience - N

OL: Another Husker, another Scott hire; Time at Oregon, 3 years @ Eagles for Asst. OL and 2 years at UCF - N

Tight Ends/Recruiting: UCF lifer...has NFL experience; Was moved from WR to TE when Scott was hired - UCF

DL: Hired by Scott and had been a coach under Chip Kelly in the NFL. Most of his experience has been with LB..this one is tough as Scott hired him off Chip, but at Nebraska is sitting an Alum - UCF

DB: Started there before Scott and is an UCF alum, so I can see wanting to keep Donte Williams to try reeling in some of those big time recruits again - UCF

QB: Hired by Scott, spent 2001-2014 as QB coach at UNI, has experience under Bill Walsh; coached four QBs that have played in NFL - N
So you think we keep dante, Tavita, and parella

Last edited:

Dont get hung up on Nebraska players, that is a recipe for more of the same.....We need whoever our next coach says and includes someone from Mars if he so desires. We have seen cronyism for the last 20 years and it has destroyed this culture along with Steve Pederson, FAD Sean Eichorst and Mole Barry Alvarez and our favorite whipping boy, Harvey.

Donte Williams
John Parrella
Keith Williams

We have a team that barely won 4 games (to date) we are near the bottom of the barrel in the B1G and you advocate keeping the people that put us there?

We have a team that barely won 4 games (to date) we are near the bottom of the barrel in the B1G and you advocate keeping the people that put us there?
The 3 he mentioned parrella. Williams,williams would be great people to keep if scott or whoever wanted to. Both williams great recruiters.GBR !!#

Last edited:

I was suggesting the roles on the current UCF staff that have the weakest connection to Scott, namely guys that he kept from the previous staff. They are still his staff, but most likely were kept for continuity. That could be the same for a move to Nebraska - keep the guys that have recruiting prowess, especially if they are in the roles that you aren't bringing with you.

It's not all linear though, as we have seen roles change, like a LB coach then moves to coaching a different role.

And yes, ultimately whoever becomes our next coach, will decide who to keep, if any...but since we have time on our hands I figured I would throw darts like numbers of others :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back