• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Arrest made in Frost home burglary

• Thread starter Deleted member 5200
  • Start date

Someone posted custom Oregon Ducks shoes for sale in Lincoln right after the robbery. It was initially thought to be a hoax but with a 17 year old involved.. who knows? Maybe they were just that dumb

With link to story: https://nebraskaradionetwork.com/20...orabilia-from-husker-coach-scott-frosts-home/
That is true I may be wrong about my meth head assumption. It could just be a REEEALLY stupid teenager. I know I did some really dumb things at that age. Thank God that cell phones with cameras were not around in 80-81.

The Stigma against Meth heads? While they are using Meth heads do some pretty stupid stuff. Lack of sleep will make you believe almost anything. Are you saying this is not true?

Look I am with you that we need to try to get addicts help. However saying that they do not do ridiculously stupid, risky things while they are using is just naive. The same goes for all addicts of hard drugs. Whether it be Heroine, Cocaine, Meth even those addicted to alcohol. Often present a risk to themselves and those around them. They also get arrested for some of the stupidest crimes known to mankind.

Are you arguing the addicts do not do things that people who are not high would not do? If so my experience with my cousin and two nephews has shown me otherwise. I also saw meth heads in the Corps do really stupid things.

I saw a Meth head in Cali try to steal the collection basket from the altar while the church was full of people. What person who is not high would try that?

I would like to see where this girl has been diagnosed with addiction and that being the reason for the break in. Or could it be just a 17 year old making a childish mistake. It's the words we use to describe people, whether it be Blacks, gay, on down the list of people that are different than ourselves or have a problem such as mental illness and addiction. Retarded comes to mind, we dont see that used so much anymore....why?

Stigma in the addiction population is what is keeping us from solving the problem and why so many are dying today. We would rather throw someone in jail than help them with their disease. Meth head, junkie, bag bitch, tweeker, crack head, on down the list of terms where we deny people with addiction the dignity and humanity that we give others without the disease.

I understand that people with a substance use disorder will do things to keep themselves alive. In their disease they reach a point of fight or flight. They are fighting to stay alive and will do pretty much anything to do so. Working on the exchange van. I get to work with so many of these people and help them get into recovery. Main reason a exchange works is the people that come to the van know they will not be judged they are treated with dignity and in exchange we get to have the conversations that lead a person with this disease into a place where they can reevaluate their lives.

We could welcome them by saying...whats up Junkie, or come on in meth head...dont think that would work out very well.

I think I could fill an entire thread of stupid crap I did at 17. Luckily none of it resulted in incarceration. My old man handed out some pretty harsh punishment to 'help' me right the ship, but I still did stupid crap. B&E wasn't on the list, but I wasn't an outside the box thinker back then.

I would like to see where this girl has been diagnosed with addiction and that being the reason for the break in. Or could it be just a 17 year old making a childish mistake. It's the words we use to describe people, whether it be Blacks, gay, on down the list of people that are different than ourselves or have a problem such as mental illness and addiction. Retarded comes to mind, we dont see that used so much anymore....why?

Stigma in the addiction population is what is keeping us from solving the problem and why so many are dying today. We would rather throw someone in jail than help them with their disease. Meth head, junkie, bag bitch, tweeker, crack head, on down the list of terms where we deny people with addiction the dignity and humanity that we give others without the disease.

I understand that people with a substance use disorder will do things to keep themselves alive. In their disease they reach a point of fight or flight. They are fighting to stay alive and will do pretty much anything to do so. Working on the exchange van. I get to work with so many of these people and help them get into recovery. Main reason a exchange works is the people that come to the van know they will not be judged they are treated with dignity and in exchange we get to have the conversations that lead a person with this disease into a place where they can reevaluate their lives.

We could welcome them by saying...whats up Junkie, or come on in meth head...dont think that would work out very well.
As to the first paragraph. I admitted in the post above yours that was probably a stretch.

As to the rest sorry I am not PC enough for you. I understand that they have a disease that needs to be treated. It is however a self imposed disease in most cases. In most situations no one forced them to take that first hit. They did it willingly. Also when they reach the point where they are committing crimes to support their habits. That is when I stop feeling sorry for them. At any point along the way they could have reached out to organizations like yours for help. At some point they need to be held responsible for their actions. I am less concerned about the drug use than I am the related crimes. Now I do think that as a part of paying for their related crimes. (theft assault etc. ) That they should be allowed treatment for substance abuse. I also think that they should be allowed to get clean prior to getting to trial.

I think I could fill an entire thread of stupid crap I did at 17. Luckily none of it resulted in incarceration. My old man handed out some pretty harsh punishment to 'help' me right the ship, but I still did stupid crap. B&E wasn't on the list, but I wasn't an outside the box thinker back then.
But did someone leave and unlocked door to a vacant house for you? That might have tempted you. Besides, it wasn't "B&E" it was just "E" and theft. When I was 17, my friends and I would've been partying in Scott's house and taking pictures with those hideous sneakers, but we wouldn't have stolen anything. Let her pick up trash after the home games as her punishment...

Last edited:
Does B&E count if it's an abandoned home?
Asking for a friend.

As to the first paragraph. I admitted in the post above yours that was probably a stretch.

As to the rest sorry I am not PC enough for you. I understand that they have a disease that needs to be treated. It is however a self imposed disease in most cases. In most situations no one forced them to take that first hit. They did it willingly. Also when they reach the point where they are committing crimes to support their habits. That is when I stop feeling sorry for them. At any point along the way they could have reached out to organizations like yours for help. At some point they need to be held responsible for their actions. I am less concerned about the drug use than I am the related crimes. Now I do think that as a part of paying for their related crimes. (theft assault etc. ) That they should be allowed treatment for substance abuse. I also think that they should be allowed to get clean prior to getting to trial.
Bolded not really true. Get in a accident go to hospital get put on morphine and then a variety of pain meds. Get out doc give ya a script and away you go. Today with prescribing guidelines and people being cut off their meds are sending them to street drugs. What is happening on the street is killing people. Heroin with fentanyl being used as the cut. It really isn't about being PC it's just trying to understand the person and the problem. For the most part there is a good/great person in there. Steve Jobs changed the world of communication and today you have the code writers micro-dosing to be more creative. Many reason why folk use drugs. And then yeah, there are some just plain dicks out there. Thoise folk, call em what you will.
Peace

But did someone leave and unlocked door to a vacant house for you? That might have tempted you. Besides, it wasn't "B&E" it was just "E" and theft. When I was 17, my friends and I would've been partying in Scott's house and taking pictures with those hideous sneakers, but we wouldn't have stolen anything. Let her pick up trash after the home games as her punishment...

Now that.....I did. I guess technically that would have been trespassing and not B&E. Keggers where kind of the rage back then and partially complete houses in suburban developments the low hanging fruit. Didn't steal any shoes...because there weren't any there. Community service seems appropriate if all the items have been returned. It'd be a good move by Frost as well.

Last edited:

Thread? Heck I bet could start my own forum of stupid! lol

Bolded not really true. Get in a accident go to hospital get put on morphine and then a variety of pain meds. Get out doc give ya a script and away you go. Today with prescribing guidelines and people being cut off their meds are sending them to street drugs. What is happening on the street is killing people. Heroin with fentanyl being used as the cut. It really isn't about being PC it's just trying to understand the person and the problem. For the most part there is a good/great person in there. Steve Jobs changed the world of communication and today you have the code writers micro-dosing to be more creative. Many reason why folk use drugs. And then yeah, there are some just plain dicks out there. Thoise folk, call em what you will.
Peace

Based on the highlighted I do not think we are that far apart.

09113-5055-3-3ww-l.jpg

Or Pops:
Brush.jpg

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back