• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Are you serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoustonHusker

Red Shirt
Luckily this board is censored or else I’d be letting it fly.

The same ass who took a assistant job for 50k, telling players to go elsewhere cause he couldn’t get it done. What a ******* nice guy. How hard was this guy trying to drive this program into the ground?

Last edited:

This happens in every Fortune 500 company there is. Would you expect him to have amazing words of praise? He doesn’t owe us anything and for someone who truly believes in his head that he was fixing things, of course he’s going to have ill feelings.

It’s like dumping your girlfriend and getting upset with her that she won’t put in a good word for you to her friend.

This happens in every Fortune 500 company there is. Would you expect him to have amazing words of praise? He doesn’t owe us anything and for someone who truly believes in his head that he was fixing things, of course he’s going to have ill feelings.

It’s like dumping your girlfriend and getting upset with her that she won’t put in a good word for you to her friend.
I think he gets it, it’s just the whole nice guy thing. It’s not very nice

The problem is, he was still the head coach, not some disgruntled former employee.

Tell me you’re not trying justify this with a piss poor analogy. Trash your former empolyer because you can’t fufill your job duties. He was still employed by NU at the time of this quote. I’d expect a head coach of a major college football program to believe and stand by his team. Everyone wants to give Riley a break because he put a front on for the media unlike Pelini. Yes I’d expect Riley to have words of praise for Nebraska as they took a chance on him when no way in hell he deserved the job. He owes the state a big thank you for funding his retirement.

Last edited:

Tell me you’re not trying justify this with a piss poor analogy. Trash your former empolyer because you can’t fufill your job duties. He was still employed by NU at the time of this quote. I’d expect a head coach of a major college football program to believe and stand by his team. Everyone wants to give Riley a break because he put a front on for the media unlike Pelini. Yes I’d expect Riley to have words of praise for Nebraska as they took a chance on him when no way in hell he deserved the job. He owes the state a big thank you for funding his retirement.

The writing was on the wall, we knew it and so did he. He had a relationship with Bookie, did you expect him to lie? “I’m 110% sure I’m getting canned but you should still come here”?

Again we don’t agree but our error was being put in a position in the first place to where he was hired. This is a prime example of why it’s okay to fire mid-season when it’s a done deal.

And I’m absolutely not trying to justify it, it just doesn’t surprise me one bit.

Last edited:
The writing was on the wall, we knew it and so did he. He had a relationship with Bookie, did you expect him to lie? “I’m 110% sure I’m getting canned but you should still come here”?

Again we don’t agree but our error was being put in a position in the first place to where he was hired. This is a prime example of why it’s okay to fire mid-season when it’s a done deal.
I guess I’d expect Riley to believe in himself to the end.

I agree with your point about cutting your loss mid-season if it’s a forgone conclusion.

Last edited:
isn't he still collecting a big fat check every month? were there any parts to that contract he was to honor?

Luckily this board is censored or else I’d be letting it fly.

The same ass who took a assistant job for 50k, telling players to go elsewhere cause he couldn’t get it done. What a ******* nice guy. How hard was this guy trying to drive this program into the ground?

Dude, your bitterness is brutal. He’s gone and didn’t think his staff was on solid ground here. He advised a 5* 18 year old to find a more stable solution for his future. Yeah, the nerve.

If this statement is true, then he had already checked out by October. Probably sooner. It explains the final season of his failed regime.

He should be sued for fraud.

Fraud?? I don’t think you understand fraud statutes.
Riley is a con man. The university should figure out how to end any contractual commitment remaining. He is the king of shenanigans.

Lol. Con man.

Dude, your bitterness is brutal. He’s gone and didn’t think his staff was on solid ground here. He advised a 5* 18 year old to find a more stable solution for his future. Yeah, the nerve.
He wasn’t gone when Riley advised Hiles this. HE WAS THE CURRENT HEAD COACH OF THIS PROUD PROGRAM. Imagine the president telling our greatest scientist, doctors, and engineers to go abroad. So he tells Hiles to go elsewhere because this program is a sinking ship yet he looks at the currents players and expect them to go out and give a 110%. Don’t confuse my “bitterness” with the standards that I expect of the greatest college football program. Yeah the nerve to give up on your job. Stop giving him a break.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back