• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JUCO NT Tony Fair Committing Tomorrow (19 July)

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
There was talk that Tony Fair, a 6'3/330 juco NT was going to decide today between Indiana and NU.

Really guys can we stop the wise ass remarks. He asked a legitimate question if you do not have the answer then let it go.

Two to play two recruit. Also a JUCO All-America last season: http://gridironrr.com/teams/default.asp?u=GRIDIRONRR&s=football&p=newsstory&newsID=56114

Latest is he is down to Nebraska, Indiana (he hails from South Bend, Indiana) and UAB. I would think we have a great shot based on what he said below. Looks like it could happen as early as today or sometime this week.

Tony Fair, a junior college defensive tackle, picked up a Nebraska offer last Friday. Since then, things have moved quickly, with Fair telling Land of 10 he could be committing as soon as Saturday.

Fair has three offers, but will be making his decision between Indiana and Nebraska. UAB was his first offer but is out of the running.

“Those are my two schools,” he said. “They both got their positives.”

The South Bend, Ind., native said his relationship with defensive line coach Mike Dawson is part of why he’s so interested in Nebraska, a place he’s never been before. Fair spent the last year at Pima Community College (Tucson, Ariz.). But he’s willing to give Nebraska a commitment even if his only experience with Lincoln is a series of YouTube videos.

Fair said Nebraska is recruiting him at nose tackle, while the Hoosiers like him in the three-technique. He said that distinction will not sway his choice, nor will Indiana’s proximity to his hometown. At this point, he said, his family will live with him attending Nebraska — it’s much closer than Arizona.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-recruiting-tony-fair-quarterback-offers

Last edited:

More:

Until Nebraska offered a scholarship. The tender from NU defensive line coach Mike Dawson surprised Fair, but the Huskers are now in his top two. He plans to decide in the next week.

“It’s up in the air now,” Fair said Saturday. “They’re both red and white — I like those colors. I like both schools.”

After 98 tackles — seven for loss — in 2017, there’s a lot to like about the 6-foot-3, 330-pound Fair, who said he graduates in December and will have two years left of eligibility.

He’s not a typical teenager juco product, either. Fair said he graduated from high school in 2014 but his family couldn’t pay the bills at a private school, so he couldn’t get his transcripts. So he attended high school through August 2015, enrolled at Indiana State, left there after a concussion, sat out 2016, enrolled at Pima Community College and played his first year of college football in 2017.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_48e066c5-ea5f-5c97-a1a5-7f68821b8932.html

The article states he was originally a 2014 recruit so that puts him at 21 - 22 years old. He should be peaking physically, good to have some maturity on the team. Concerned regarding the concussion issue but I think we have as good a grasp on monitoring these things as just about anyone else.

Last edited:
Unless he plays hoops, why would anyone choose to play at Indiana?

I know that he is from there...that just means he should know better.

The article states he was originally a 2014 recruit so that puts him at 21 - 22 years old. He should be peaking physically, good to have some maturity on the team. Concerned regarding the concussion issue but I think we have as good a grasp on monitoring these things as just about anyone else.

Suspect we have vetted the concussion issue in-depth however, with that being said will always be an issue he has to live with and will be more susceptible because of it

Unless he plays hoops, why would anyone choose to play at Indiana?

I know that he is from there...that just means he should know better.
I am sure that they have reminded the young man that, as poor as it was, their record last year was better than ours was. He can stay home and still be part of a better team--a win-win.

Since he wouldn't be part of last year's team and this year's teams are unknowns, it would be early to say he would be part of a better team. Since we are dealing in hypotheticals, history would show that NU may be the better choice.

Really guys can we stop the wise ass remarks. He asked a legitimate question if you do not have the answer then let it go.

Two to play two recruit. Also a JUCO All-America last season: http://gridironrr.com/teams/default.asp?u=GRIDIRONRR&s=football&p=newsstory&newsID=56114

Latest is he is down to Nebraska, Indiana (he hails from South Bend, Indiana) and UAB. I would think we have a great shot based on what he said below. Looks like it could happen as early as today or sometime this week.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-recruiting-tony-fair-quarterback-offers
It's OK RR, I've been heckled by worse. Actually, they sounded kind of like me.

There is no way RR would ever hold himself to the same standards as others let alone comprehend his error.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back