• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Anyone Watch "Foul Play: Paid in Mississippi"?

MonagHusker

Recruit
5 Year Member
I'm a sucker for a sports documentary/docu-series and I saw a four episode one called "Foul Play: Paid in Mississippi" on go90 today. It's centered around the Ole Miss recruiting violations, "Bagman," etc. Has anyone watched it? If so, your thoughts?

I found myself not really liking it. It felt like ESPN's 30for30 meets TMZ. I think the general theme was: college athletes should be paid (more). While I think that is something that could be discussed at length and preferably with points/counterpoints from each side, this offered none of that. I also think, for me at least, they didn't do a great job of presenting the main players featured as victims of the system. The one apparently collected @ $21 K the night before signing day, flashed his cash on social media, etc. I'm not saying they couldn't be victimized, but I think there are more compelling things they probably could have done.

Just curious if anyone felt similar or had a different opinion.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back