1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone seen "I Tonya"? - the NY Times Interview

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by KleinTxHusker, Jan 12, 2018.

1. KleinTxHusker

KleinTxHusker Starter 10 Year Member

An interesting interview in the NY Times. Almost makes me interested in seeing the movie...

Well maybe renting it at RedBox...
    A review of the movie...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/06/movies/i-tonya-review-margot-robbie.html

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. HUSKER HOT SAUCE

HUSKER HOT SAUCE Six Strings Stranger 2 Year Member

WHY? WHY? WHY? We were actually laughing about this about 2 weeks ago, LOL.... So, they made into a movie finally, LMAO!!!!

3. KleinTxHusker

KleinTxHusker Starter 10 Year Member

My wife and I just watched the movie this weekend.

What a brilliant movie, I really wish I had seen it at the theater. But still compelling. Very compelling.

My wife and I disagree somewhat on Harding. My wife thinks she got shafted. I have a hard time getting past the evidence that she provided Nancy Kerrigan's practice location.

My wife thought it was much like Hillbilly Elegy. It was hard to watch, especially the extensive domestic violence, but was a compelling movie.

What bothers me, and I don't know if I am all wrong on this, IMO, it sounds like in the right circumstances and with the right character, Harding might have been the greatest skater ever. But when the stakes were highest, she found ways to self destruct. Disappointing is all I can think. I understand her resentment and at times can even share it (although I was from the right side of the tracks; it never felt like it). But rather than driving her, it seemed that she fell to petty levels and destroyed her chances. In the near final scene, she seems to decide to complain about her laces, perhaps thinking she would fail, so she had to manufacture an excuse. IMO, a champion would show up and nail it, or at least try. She wound up eighth, when she should have been number one.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Pops likes this.
  4. Red Dead Redemption

Red Dead Redemption Head Lackey 5 Year Member

I saw the home movie...

RedRum likes this.