• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Anybody know our current ranking??

Alabama and Clemson have 25 or more signees once again. The attrition rate for those teams, whether voluntary or forced, is just amazing considering the level of talent they are bringing in each year.
As I have noted in past years, it is remarkable how many four and five star recruits the top teams get, when the kids and their parents should know that many of them won't be on the team in two years. The SEC only honors one year scholarships, while the Big Ten has chosen to make four year commitments. Doesn't mean a kid can't leave on his own volition, but it reduces the forced cutting of players.

Last edited:
Alabama and Clemson have 25 or more signees once again. The attrition rate for those teams, whether voluntary or forced, is just amazing considering the level of talent they are bringing in each year.
As I have noted in past years, it is remarkable how many four and five star recruits the top teams get, when the kids and their parents should know that many of them won't be on the team in two years. The SEC only honors one year scholarships, while the Big Ten has chosen to make four year commitments. Doesn't mean a kid can't leave on his own volition, but it reduces the forced cutting of players.

Pulling in 125+ players over a 5 year cycle certainly helps them overcome recruiting busts.

SEC has made it a little easier to put teams in the top ten...1 year scholarships and 8 game conference schedules.

The initiation of an FBS commissioner would eliminate the imbalance between conferences

Pulling in 125+ players over a 5 year cycle certainly helps them overcome recruiting busts.
This is the argument I get in over on the baseball board. The B1G in baseball restricts what our teams can do. Arkansas flipped their roster in 2 years. It took us 4.5 to flip ours based on amount of scholarship kids signed. Being able to get kids on campus and then get rid of them if your evaluation is off is a massive advantage.

8 game conference schedules make for them to think they have juggernauts. Bothers me.

It also doesn't hurt that the preseason rankings are heavily favored to the SEC. So then you can say UGA, for example, beat Florida and it's a great win because they were a top . 10 team. Anyone who watched knows Florida isnt a top 10 team, but it doesn't seem to matter

I guess this allows the SEC to run their conference more like the NFL.
Curious to know the rules for the other P5 conferences ?
More like the Big10 or more like the SEC ?
This seems like a huge advantage for the SEC .... it forces all the scholarship players to perform at their very best all the time or get 'cut'.
What about a guy who gets injured during the season ? If he never reaches his prior level of play then he's cut after his 1 year scholly expires ?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back