1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody else surprised we're not redshirting anyone?

Discussion in 'Men's Basketball' started by davidadurNU, Nov 14, 2017 at 8:18 AM.

1. davidadurNU

davidadurNU Scout Team 10 Year Member

I thought for sure Thor and Nana would both be redshirts. I don't know how we're going to find court time for all of those guys behind Watson, Palmer, Taylor, Allen, Mcveigh, etc.

I guess Miles wants to keep his options open and he knows he has to win at all costs this year with Moos here and having a few bad years strung together.

It's not a bad thing per se, as if things shake out this year, we could use a redshirt for their sophomore years if need be. Just surprised they all got minutes.

2. Shadow of the Dome

Shadow of the Dome Recruit 2 Year Member

They should be redshirting but Miles asked both if it was ok if they redshirted & both said they didn't want to/wouldn't like it so it's kinda on them. Granted, Miles could just straight not play them.

carrolltonsker likes this.
  3. Ackos

Ackos All American 15 Year Member

Outside the occasional blow out, they will not see the floor again this year.

4. carrolltonsker

carrolltonsker Husker Immortal 10 Year Member

Generally, that is the approach most coaches use. While they may recommend a redshirt year for some athletes, it is ultimately left to the athlete to make the final decision.

Shadow of the Dome likes this.
  5. davidadurNU

davidadurNU Scout Team 10 Year Member

After posting this I saw the game recap from Washut on Rivals and it did state that, and Miles had already addressed it three days ago, so I guess lack of research on my part.

Still, tough sledding for those guys. I mean I'm a little worried about Gill's recovery, seems like he's never been 100% since he stepped on campus. So in the back of your mind if you're Nana you have to think your one injury away from being in the rotation.

ColoREDo and Shadow of the Dome like this.
  6. Ellis Boyd Redding

Ellis Boyd Redding Travel Squad 2 Year Member

I was surprised by it, but like you say, there are reasons behind it (must win, players didn't want to RS).

7. CP Red

CP Red Recruit

Saving the redshirt for the year they transfer.
    Damnit I told myself I was going to stay positive this year. Again.

Shadow of the Dome likes this.
  8. HuSkaBob

HuSkaBob Red Shirt 2 Year Member

No they are saving the redshirt for the year when they are horribly injured.

Not sure I was able to increase the positivity of this thread...