• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any reason for worry

I too get impatient and a little anxious when the rest of the country is racking up commits this time of year. But I'm not worried. We only had 3 commits at this point last year and ended up with, IMO, our best class since 2011. Some staffs start a little slower. I remember in Spring 2017, Mike Farrell of Rivals called Georgia one of the biggest disappointments in 2018 recruiting. When the ink was dry on the 2018 class, Georgia had set a record for most 5-star commits in one class.

And as Heathen said, I think this staff is a little pickier than most. When we have a resurgent 2019 season we'll have some of the biggest buzz in all of college football and may have to turn guys away. Plus I'd say we're the leader in the clubhouse right now for some big time-prospects:

OT Turner Corcoran - Top 100 prospect .96 on 247
NT Nash Hutmacher - Top prospect in S Dakota. Currently underrated on 247 as a .87 but certainly at the top of our board.
OLB Antonio Doyle - .91 on 247 and the 4th best prospect in Missouri.
Despite not much activity on Zavier Betts (.95) and Xavier Watts (.85) you have to think the Huskers are the prohibitive favorite to land both too.

So so much will change between now and December. We'll salivate over guys we're not even aware of at this juncture but we'll get our share of guys like DT Kevon Billingsley (.89), OT Reece Atteberry (.89), DB RJ Mickens (.97) and WR Javian Hester (.94).

I, for one, can't wait to see what this staff does this year in recruiting. I expect a Top 20 class, Top 15 if we do as well this season as I think we will.

See as we didn't hit 30 this year the class could go as high as 27 (I think).

Last years class was over 25 (full class) so we can not count any back. The 2018 class was 20 so we could count five back from 2019

Red, I think we had this discussion before during the winter ... oh wait, you guys are still having winter ... end of the day, it doesn't really matter.

I'm tracking w/ you and the other recruiting experts that we'll likely see 25 in the next class.

I do think the cycle of leaving schollies open or unfilled should come to an end in 2020.

Red, I think we had this discussion before during the winter ... oh wait, you guys are still having winter ... end of the day, it doesn't really matter.

I'm tracking w/ you and the other recruiting experts that we'll likely see 25 in the next class.

I do think the cycle of leaving schollies open or unfilled should come to an end in 2020.

We did yes

Yup I will be shocked if we do not end close to or at 25

Agree on 2020 too

With grad transfers or without, we will still have a good sized class next year.
Not going to matter at all with the attrition who we are counting back. They will shoot for 25 guys because with a class that size at Nebraska, you are filling 5-8 spots late in the cycle. Attrition will be able to be re-evaluated at that time and if it needs to be 22 or 23 we can go that route, or higher than 25.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back