• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Anton Gill done for season

Yeah, it is curious how good they've looked in these last two games, on the road, against very good teams, immediately after Gill goes down. Addition by subtraction?

Amazing how good the defense has been.

Gill out and McVeigh struggling has forced Horne and Roby into more minutes and they have ran with the opportunity.

Horne, Robey, and Taylor have huge upside.

Right now, the rotation has looked pretty good these past two games. Those three have mentioned above have definitely taken advantage and continue to earn their minutes.

Imagine having McVeigh earn his minutes rather than have him on the court because their is no other option. He got in a few minutes today for some spot action and did okay. It would be much better, obviously, if he could come in and teams have to respect his 3 point shot. That would open up the lane a little more for what this team does really well.

Last edited:

That's where i'm at... was told that we have more star power and better talent than we have ever brought in, yet here we are still at the bottom of the league.

We are at the top of the league, in the standings at least if you care about that kind of thing.

Hate to see anybody go down, Gill can play, but these two guys needed the minutes and have responded.
And lets face it, this is likely not going to be our year. Better to have them battle-tested and that much better for next season.

And lets face it, this is likely not going to be our year. Better to have them battle-tested and that much better for next season.

Agree with that. And the plus side isn't confined to providing valuable minutes, these guys are contributing solid effort and production that have resulted in three wins.

We can talk at the end of the year. I was basing this on history, not revisionist history.

It seems you don't understand what revisionist history is. That would be an attempt to say the past didn't happen the way it did. And your comment was not historical. You said here we are at the bottom of the league, present tense. I said we are on top of the league, present tense. That would be an accurate statement, not a revisionist one.

Last edited:

And no, I do not expect us to win the league. I honestly see us being capable of winning or losing every remaining game on our schedule. The league is balanced we should be in every game but it will be a long season.

It seems you don't understand what revisionist history is. That would be an attempt to say the past didn't happen the way it did. And your comment was not historical. You said here we are at the bottom of the league, present tense. I said we are on top of the league, present tense. That would be an accurate statement, not a revisionist one.
Lol - so you are of the opinion that my comment I made before we had played a single conference game in the 2016-17 season was about being at the bottom of the league this season, when we were 0-0? We were tied for first at the time I made that comment.

I was not mad how low we were in the conference before we even played a game and had the same record as literally everyone else. A 2 year old would understand I was talking about 3 of the 4 conference years with Miles and the most recent 2.

Last edited:

Lol - so you are of the opinion that my comment I made before we had played a single conference game in the 2016-17 season was about being at the bottom of the league this season, when we were 0-0? We were tied for first at the time I made that comment.

A 2 year old would understand I was talking about 3 of the 4 conference years with Miles and the most recent 2.

Fair enough about the timing of your post. Still my post saying we are on top of the league, the one that you called revisionist history, was made when we were, in fact, on top of the league. So maybe the 2 year old you are talking about can explain to you what revisionist history means.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back