• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Another B1G Allignment............. ?

IMO Delaney sounds like an elitist BS'r when discussing this. That is THE biggest downfall of his imo. Certainly Kudos to him for a great league, revenue, B1G Network etc.. But to fail to see the significance in getting to the CFP and championships, will keep the B1G from reaching a higher level imo.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/12/06/jim-delany-big-ten-divisions-realignment-playoff

In addition, his idea of 9 conference games in killing the league's post season chances of the CFP (see OSU). The ACC and SEC don't play 9 league games and do play lots of cream puffs especially towards the end of the season. They also play at least one high rated team early in the season.

It still seems as though the goal of the B1G is to get to the Rose Bowl.

Also, he has no idea of the power grab Texas would make if they moved to the B1G. Texas ruined to Big 8/12. Why else would NE, Mo, Co and T A/M leave? To get away from texass!

. Also, he has no idea of the power grab Texas would make if they moved to the B1G. Texas ruined to Big 8/12. Why else would NE, Mo, Co and T A/M leave? To get away from texass!

I am confident that should TexA$$ get invited, they won’t be able to control anything of significance.

Last edited:

Something should be done with all the conferences to look more like the Big 12. Right now the two sided divisions are a micro organism of what people want to do with the CFP and that is give automatic bids to division and conference winners when there is very little comparisons between each of them. Its a 50-50 chance you are getting the best two teams in a conference playoff and the same thing will happen if you try putting conference champions into a automatic playoff berth. There is nothing remotely equal within conferences or the divisions within them. So many people want to look at the model of the NFL and yet they don't stop and think about what the NFL does each year to create equalization amongst the teams with allocated draft choices and setting up tougher schedules for the tougher teams.

I believe the B1G has created its problem by going to 9 conference games plus taking division winners. That puts them at a disadvantage against the conferences that have 8 conference games and also puts them at a disadvantage against the Big 12 because they get to play the 2nd best team. OU's conference championship game against Texas looked a lot more impressive than a win against Northwestern who lost every single non-conference game they played.
What a complete load of garbage. Just don't get your arse kicked by a mediocre team and presto! The big 10 has a playoff team.

Last edited:
Big 12 plays every team, can't have that with 16 teams. That model doesn't work IMO. You May have one team that has a easy schedule and goes undefeated and a better team might have a loss because of a tough schedule.
@Hville doesnt care about teams winning things on the field. he likes polls and beauty contests.

Lol...I throttled hville so thoroughly in the playoff thread he put me on ignore. Soooooo weak!

Hit that right on the nose.
giphy.gif

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen

Most recognize why OSU isn't in and it's because OSU got their butts handed to them from a mediocre Purdue... period. Now Delaney talks about screwing around with 2 BIG divisions when it's just starting to get interesting?

I have ZERO FEAR once HCSF gets everything in place Nebraska can and will beat any team in the East division. Look how close we came to beating OSU at their house this year? Just a couple of plays different and OSU isn't even in the discussion about the CFP's.

Leave the freaken divisions alone............ period! As for adding TEXASS and OU? They would bring huge TV audiences along with a huge bunch of unresolved issues imo. I do not believe the culture of those schools comes anywhere close to fitting in with the Big Ten imo.... I say leave well alone!

I think everyone knows......at least the SEC does...…..that non-conference games are essentially much easier to win than conference games. When Delaney decided on the 9 game schedules there were many threads saying it was going to make it tougher for the B1G. Its highly possible that Delaney is now seeing the error in what he did and might essentially be saying we should look at going back.

There is no doubt that Ohio State's blow outs by Iowa and Purdue were the leading factors. It could be argued that without the extra cross over game that either one or both of those games might not have even been on the schedule. Now I'm not trying to justify Oho State not getting in.....just saying that technically the B1G has set themselves up for tougher schedules.

I think everyone knows......at least the SEC does...…..that non-conference games are essentially much easier to win than conference games. When Delaney decided on the 9 game schedules there were many threads saying it was going to make it tougher for the B1G. Its highly possible that Delaney is now seeing the error in what he did and might essentially be saying we should look at going back.

There is no doubt that Ohio State's blow outs by Iowa and Purdue were the leading factors. It could be argued that without the extra cross over game that either one or both of those games might not have even been on the schedule. Now I'm not trying to justify Oho State not getting in.....just saying that technically the B1G has set themselves up for tougher schedules.

I suspect the Delaney's 9-game conference schedule had more to do with BTN cash than whatever BS reason the league offices threw out there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back