• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

An underappreciated Husker: Josh Davis

Ok not sure of your point. He was a good player, he was not great. I of course mean that in comparison to many of the greats we did have. Compared to Rozier, Craig, Ahman Green. He does not move the needle.

This is not a slam on him. I just would not put him in the top 10 backs of all time at NE.

Really good player. His kickoff returns and punt returns were resultant in part to players on special teams as well. Not a Dejuan Groce or Ty Hughes type returner. Not even Newcombe or Craver.
Great team guy none the less. Beat out by Cory Ross who was under rated and from Colorado as well if i remember right.

In what way is he "under-appreciated"? Should we still be talking about Josh 15 years after he completed a very uneventful career? He was a solid player, but not really a standout like his father was, and many fans had hoped he'd become.

Last edited:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1221

I watched this guy run for almost 200 yards against Penn State. He was a beast. And a phenomenal kickoff returner too.

He doesn't get his due.
Good for Josh. He was an all-conference, record setting player on a 10 win Nebraska team! His work with special teams changed games.

I'm guessing his attitude would have fit nicely with teams HCSF is trying to field now. GBR

He was a natural at kickoff returns. He had an innate sense of timing when it came to accelerating through a hole on returns. He should have been returning them from day one. I don’t believe he got his chance until he was a junior. From memory, he had double digit KO returns for TDs in high school out here in Loveland. He wasn’t fast enough in college to finish with TDs but he did change the field quite often.

In what way is he "under-appreciated"? Should we still be talking about Josh 15 years after he completed a very uneventful career? He was a solid player, but not really a standout like his father was, and many fans had hoped he'd become.

He was underappreciated because I didn't appreciate him until today.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back