• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Am I the only one?

Huskerthom

All Big 10
10 Year Member
That was hoping/expecting a few guys would commit this weekend after FNL/Big man camps? I know we may still get some from this weekend. Was just hoping to get some word, especially from the big man camp.

(Yes I know I am impatient)

If I’m not mistaken I believe the first FNL was a collection of mostly local guys or guys who you might consider under the radar types. The higher rated recruits are coming in on the 22nd.

I am hoping that we get a few commitments after this weekend.

I’m guessing we got some first looks at some under the radar, and some definite Plan B’s going into the season. I’m sure there were some with offers, but not having enjoyed the game day experience, and likely having some trips, I wasn’t surprised we didn’t get some commits.

One thing to keep in mind; we are looking at some pretty highly rated guys. We also aren’t swimming in available scholarships, so it’s likely we aren’t just jumping on everyone. It’s early, so there is time to be a little picky.

That was hoping/expecting a few guys would commit this weekend after FNL/Big man camps? I know we may still get some from this weekend. Was just hoping to get some word, especially from the big man camp.

Who did you have in mind?

I'm impatient too. It does seem that the so-called "skill guys" take up much of the early focus in recruiting, but since the demand for them is so high, we have to play that game, too. But what we all know is that the big uglies are what we need as well for our journey to the promised land.

Given some of Frost's comments about wanting players to be sure before they commit and wanting them to have that gameday experience first, I'm kind of surprised we have as many commits as we do this early.

No one in particular. A couple of linemen would have been great.

I'm impatient too. It does seem that the so-called "skill guys" take up much of the early focus in recruiting, but since the demand for them is so high, we have to play that game, too. But what we all know is that the big uglies are what we need as well for our journey to the promised land.

That’s all fine, but did we have multiple OL here with commitable offers? I honestly don’t know, but was of the impression that this Friday would have more higher rated talent in town.

Based on what I saw from social media over the weekend, 2/3 of the Friday campers would have committed were it an option. It wasn’t.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back