• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Alexi Lalas calls out USMNT

Needless to say I disagree on both points

George Best never played in a World Cup and is arguably the greatest player to ever play the game.

Ernie Banks never played in a World Series and is rightfully so a HOF

I could go on and on

Klinsman put us in a deep hole but honestly Gulati is the villain here for or so many obvious reasons and honestly I think he is the guy who will take the brunt if we fail

Arena inherited a mess and over all has done a very good job. I still think we qualify but yes we need to turn it up

In my mind Gulati is the fall guy for the most part if we fail through indecision and bad deals. Yes Jurgen and Bruce will bear some blame with Arena to a much less extent

At worst we make the playoff in my opinion

Good discusion

Wasn't George Best a Northern Ireland National? Gareth Bale will never play in a WC, but no one is going to blame him for that, or knock his career. That's the difference between Northern Ireland/Wales and the US. And whenever anyone brings up Ernie Banks, they talk about his lack of World Series appearances. That's not a knock on Banks, but that's also his legacy. Howard, Dempsey, Bradley, probably Altidore will all be US Soccer Hall of Famers, but not making the 2018 WC will be something that's brought up when talking about their legacies. No one is going to question their abilities. Still, it'll be a moot point next month, anyways.

It's probably time for Gulati to go, but for a variety of reasons, and not just JK reasons.

Wasn't George Best a Northern Ireland National? Gareth Bale will never play in a WC, but no one is going to blame him for that, or knock his career. That's the difference between Northern Ireland/Wales and the US. And whenever anyone brings up Ernie Banks, they talk about his lack of World Series appearances. That's not a knock on Banks, but that's also his legacy. Howard, Dempsey, Bradley, probably Altidore will all be US Soccer Hall of Famers, but not making the 2018 WC will be something that's brought up when talking about their legacies. No one is going to question their abilities. Still, it'll be a moot point next month, anyways.

It's probably time for Gulati to go, but for a variety of reasons, and not just JK reasons.

When I think Ernie Banks I think HOF and "lets play two today"

Oh Gareth Bale plays for Wales who did pretty good in the Euros last year

George in my mind is the greatest player who played the game and never played in a WC

We will qualify in spite of Gulati who should have been sent packing with Klinsman and his $6.5 M buyout

Is Alexi going to have a field day now or what? I would be yelling from the rooftops if I was him.

He will, no doubt, but I would rather he not say anything. It'll just be rubbing salt in the wounds at this point, and won't help anything. Just about everyone involved in this debacle won't be around when 2022 qualifying starts in the fall of 2019.

He will, no doubt, but I would rather he not say anything. It'll just be rubbing salt in the wounds at this point, and won't help anything. Just about everyone involved in this debacle won't be around when 2022 qualifying starts in the fall of 2019.

Yes, that's the right thing to do, but I still wanna yell at the bozos who led us down this path...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back