• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Alabama Out of Playoff Picture (for now)

So I guess Bama does get in?
1 Clemson
2 Ou
3 Georgia
4 Bama

Thats how I guess it goes.

1, 2, and 3 are clear.

4 is going to be hotly debated.

Alabama or Ohio State (slight consideration for USC)?

Bama only has one loss. But it's a less impressive loss after today. And they don't really have much for impressive wins. #17 LSU is their best win. Also -- they didn't play in the SEC title game because they didn't win their division. The Tide's strength-of-schedule was not difficult.

Ohio State has two losses. Two uglier losses than Alabama's one loss. But -- they won their conference title -- and they have more impressive wins. In fact, three teams OSU beat were higher-ranked in the latest CFP poll than any of Alabama's wins. Wisconsin, Penn State, and Michigan State. Certainly a more difficult strength-of-schedule for Ohio State (including the ugly loss to Oklahoma, who will be in the playoff).

One way the committee could decide what is a highly-subjective decision (maybe breaking a tie in their minds) would be to leave Bama out and put OSU in -- because then you'd have four conferences represented -- all conference champs. Put in Bama, and you have two SEC teams in. But -- if you were to ask -- most people would probably say Bama is better than OSU if the two were to play. The eyeball test.

Trying to predict what the committee will do is very difficult.

Last edited:

123_1.jpeg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back