• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Akoy Agau

The only info I could find said there were only 8 states that use a shot clock for high school. I ref'd high school for 10 years and they way they all ran up and down the court I don't know if a shot clock would have mattered too much. I do suppose that might be the next big thing though.

wow that surprises me

Top in-state product talks Miles

After winning his third straight Class A State title, Omaha Central forward Akoy Agau goes into his AAU season with 20+ offers.

“It gets a little hectic, but it something a lot of players have to go through. It comes with the territory,” said Agau. “I'm just really trying to take it slow and figure out where I want to go for the next four to five years. I'm talking with coaches and getting a feel for them.

“This is my last year of AAU, so not only do I hope it goes well, but I hope to pick up more (offers).”

With no schools standing out at the moment, he does say teams like Xavier, Tennessee, and Nebraska are recruiting him hard.

“There are always new schools jumping in, so it feels like I'm talking to new coaches all the time,” said Agau. “Last week I visited Florida University. I have been talking with them sort of slowly.

“I have talked with Coach Miles when he was at Colorado State...We had a pretty good connection when he was there. I would say we actually talked a lot while he was in Colorado. I haven't talked to him much since he got the job. He's been transitioning, moving his family, and has been busy, which is more than alright.

“They have written a lot about him, so I'm learning new stuff all the time. He's won everywhere he's gone. He's been successful during his career. I don't know if he's going to do it at Nebraska, the Big Ten is a tough conference. But, he's done it everywhere else and I wish him all the luck in continuing the trend in the Big Ten.”

The 6-foot-8, 230 pound prospect feels the pressure from locals to choose an in-state school like Nebraska or Creighton, but it comes with the “territory.” Unlike some players, conference affiliation will not play a major role in the junior's decision down the road. While he says it's important, finding the right school is even more important, whether it's in the Big Ten, SEC, Big East, or elsewhere.

Notes:
On former teammate Deverell Biggs (Seward County CC) picking up an offer from Nebraska: “We talk all the time. He would have obviously family support if he came back to play at Nebraska. I just hope that he does what's best for him, if that's going to Nebraska I will be happy for him.”

Offer list: Nebraska, Tennessee, Xavier, Drake, Clemson, Colorado State, Creighton, New Mexico, Iowa, Wichita State, etc...

http://nebraska.scout.com/2/1175515.html?refid=400
by Josh Harvey

Last edited:
After winning his third straight Class A State title, Omaha Central forward Akoy Agau goes into his AAU season with 20+ offers.

“It gets a little hectic, but it something a lot of players have to go through. It comes with the territory,†said Agau. “I'm just really trying to take it slow and figure out where I want to go for the next four to five years. I'm talking with coaches and getting a feel for them.

“This is my last year of AAU, so not only do I hope it goes well, but I hope to pick up more (offers).â€

With no schools standing out at the moment, he does say teams like Xavier, Tennessee, and Nebraska are recruiting him hard.

“There are always new schools jumping in, so it feels like I'm talking to new coaches all the time,†said Agau. “Last week I visited Florida University. I have been talking with them sort of slowly.

“I have talked with Coach Miles when he was at Colorado State...We had a pretty good connection when he was there. I would say we actually talked a lot while he was in Colorado. I haven't talked to him much since he got the job. He's been transitioning, moving his family, and has been busy, which is more than alright.

“They have written a lot about him, so I'm learning new stuff all the time. He's won everywhere he's gone. He's been successful during his career. I don't know if he's going to do it at Nebraska, the Big Ten is a tough conference. But, he's done it everywhere else and I wish him all the luck in continuing the trend in the Big Ten.â€

The 6-foot-8, 230 pound prospect feels the pressure from locals to choose an in-state school like Nebraska or Creighton, but it comes with the “territory.†Unlike some players, conference affiliation will not play a major role in the junior's decision down the road. While he says it's important, finding the right school is even more important, whether it's in the Big Ten, SEC, Big East, or elsewhere.

Notes:
On former teammate Deverell Biggs (Seward County CC) picking up an offer from Nebraska: “We talk all the time. He would have obviously family support if he came back to play at Nebraska. I just hope that he does what's best for him, if that's going to Nebraska I will be happy for him.â€

Offer list: Nebraska, Tennessee, Xavier, Drake, Clemson, Colorado State, Creighton, New Mexico, Iowa, Wichita State, etc...

http://nebraska.scout.com/2/1175515.html?refid=400
by Josh Harvey
Akoy reiterates what I said in the other thread, I hope Biggs does what's best for him.

It'd be great to have him, but I don't think any one player should be labelled a must have. But I would hope we start getting some kids like him.

For any one player, different factors may simply outweigh staying home. Frankly, if it was me, and I had a chance to go to a different state in a different part of the country, I would have jumped at it, just for the experience. If I had those opportunities as a football player though, I would have thought harder about staying in-state, only because in Nebraska it is already enshrined as the most important thing in the world. Even if Miles is successful, it will take a few years for kids to start feeling that in basketball, IMO.

Last edited:

Huskers have their work cut out for them....but from what I have been told the UConn offer just moves Creighton as close to zero percent as possible for his commitment, doesn't leave Huskers out of it, just more of an uphill climb. FWIW, if he commits to the Huskers, Miles and company deserve a major pat on the back. I know Akoy loved Doc, and I think Miles' personality is as infectious as Doc's, from what I'm told.

Biggs still guarantees Akoy will be a Husker, but I have my hesitations...

Don't sleep on the Georgetown offer he received either....he is picking up momentum and could be the best recruit signed by the Huskers in some time...

I was commenting on the kids attitude. Of course people were hoping he would commit and it bugged him. Whatever.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back