• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Advice: I Need A New Cell Phone

HUSKER HOT SAUCE

Be Yourself - Everyone Else Is Already Taken
10 Year Member
So, and don't laugh dammit. But after a nice little hike today, I got back to my vehicle, and laid my cell phone on top of it. I promptly drove off and didn't realize it until I got home. I went back for it, and found it in the middle of the road. It had been run over and was dead at the scene. I was able to recover my Sandisk card and recover all my hiking and sunset pics(so that was a plus) but I don't really know what new phone to get.... I can go up to about $1,000 bucks, even though I would prefer not to.... any body on here have any advice as to what I should buy?

I use my phone for taking pics, texting my son and brother, and for GPS such as when I am hiking.... any honest reply's are welcome....

For what you describe just about any phone will do. Just about all do what you want. I have a Galaxy Note and love it but it's big and probably has more features than what you need.

Last edited:
For what you describe just about any phone will do. Just about all do what you want. I have a Galaxy Note and love it but it's big and probably has more features that what you need.
Thanks... I will look at it.... If I spend that much, I want a really really good camera. My LG that I just had, pretty much sucked.

Go for Galaxy 8. Great camera. Top rated phone. 9 is out so great deals on the 8. You will love it!
Thanks.... I had the Galaxy 3 several years ago, and really liked it.... So far, I am looking at the Google Pixel 3, Galaxy Note, now the Galaxy 8 and the Huawei P20 Pro....

Sounds like your and Android guy. I would go with the Pixel 3 for all the photos you take. Also drop the money on an Otterbox Defender or Lifeproof Case.

I have ran my S7 edge over 3 times with my Otterbox case and no damage to the phone.

Sounds like your and Android guy. I would go with the Pixel 3 for all the photos you take. Also drop the money on an Otterbox Defender or Lifeproof Case.

I have ran my S7 edge over 3 times with my Otterbox case and no damage to the phone.
Ummmmm. How?

I would second the pixel 3. Unless you want to wait until the s10 comes out in March. The cameras on that are supposed to be amazing.

I have the Pixel 2 and love it. Very clean interface, not a lot of bloatware.

Thanks.... I had the Galaxy 3 several years ago, and really liked it.... So far, I am looking at the Google Pixel 3, Galaxy Note, now the Galaxy 8 and the Huawei P20 Pro....
Get the Huawei and then let me know of any issues you have with US cell companies.

So, and don't laugh dammit. But after a nice little hike today, I got back to my vehicle, and laid my cell phone on top of it. I promptly drove off and didn't realize it until I got home. I went back for it, and found it in the middle of the road. It had been run over and was dead at the scene. I was able to recover my Sandisk card and recover all my hiking and sunset pics(so that was a plus) but I don't really know what new phone to get.... I can go up to about $1,000 bucks, even though I would prefer not to.... any body on here have any advice as to what I should buy?

I use my phone for taking pics, texting my son and brother, and for GPS such as when I am hiking.... any honest reply's are welcome....

I don't actually think what you did is funny at all, my wife has done that twice with her phone, most recently in September. It also had her drivers licence and all her CC stuck in it.

Can't go wrong with an I-phone.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back