• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adovcare Invitational

Advocare Tournament Teams Records: (found this on another site)

Nebraska 3-1
  • (W, 72-68) E Illinois
  • (W, 86-67) North Texas
  • (L, 56-79) at St. John's
  • (W, 92-70) North Dakota

UCF 3-0
  • (W, 88-79) Mercer
  • (W, 68-65) Gardner-Webb
  • (W, 75-64) William & Mary

West Virginia 2-1
  • (L, 65-88) Texas A&M
  • (W, 98-64) American
  • (W, 111-48) Morgan St
  • Long Beach St (Monday)
Marist 0-3
  • (L, 76-84) Lehigh
  • (L, 73-76) At UMass-Lowell
  • (L, 73-94) Army

Missouri 2-1
  • (W, 74-59) Iowa St
  • (W, 99-55) Wagner
  • (L, 59-77) At Utah
  • Emporia St (Monday)

Long Beach St 2-1
  • (W, 83-71) San Francisco
  • (W, 95-70) San Francisco St
  • (L, 81-89) At Oregon St
  • At West Virginia (Monday)

Oregon St 2-1
  • (W, 99-82) Southern Utah
  • (L, 66-75) Wyoming
  • (W, 89-81) Long Beach St

St. John’s 3-0
  • (W, 77-61) New Orleans
  • (W, 80-55) Central Conn St
  • (W, 79-56) Nebraska
  • Molloy (Monday)

Have to find a way to go 2-1 in this tournament. I have a feeling that this tourney will dictate whether we get either 8 or 9 non-con wins. You want to get to 9 so if you go 9-9 or 10-8 in conference play, you head into the Big 10 Tourney controlling your own destiny. This team gets 19 wins, it’s SOS will be strong enough that I’d be shocked if they didn’t get in.

That’s puttin the cart way before the horse though. As it sits now, this Team looked bad in their first regular season test. Just beat UCF.

upload_2017-11-19_20-54-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-19_20-51-55.png
    upload_2017-11-19_20-51-55.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Have to find a way to go 2-1 in this tournament. I have a feeling that this tourney will dictate whether we get either 8 or 9 non-con wins. You want to get to 9 so if you go 9-9 or 10-8 in conference play, you head into the Big 10 Tourney controlling your own destiny. This team gets 19 wins, it’s SOS will be strong enough that I’d be shocked if they didn’t get in.

That’s puttin the cart way before the horse though. As it sits now, this Team looked bad in their first regular season test. Just beat UCF.

I was also thinking we have to go 2-1 worst case. But I’m targeting 10 wins in non-con which will require some improved play. One at a time.

Since I was too lazy to add the game times to the Excel format, I've stolen this from Red Don's season long thread.

...(AdvoCare Invitational @ Orlando, FL. Record 0-0; ??, Place ?)
Thu, 11/23 vs UCF (#63) (3-0), 5:00 pm CST, ESPN3
Fri, 11/24 vs West Virginia or Marist, 4:00 pm CST with opening game win (ESPN2) or 6:00 pm CST with opening game loss (ESPN3)
Sun, 11/26 vs TBA, TBA, TBA

Too early RPIs

Mizzery 11
Long Beach St 64
St Johns 37
Oregon St 81
UCF 59
NU 25
WVA 86
Marist 341

So going by RPI, it should be a mizzery/NU final o_O

So it looks like winning the first game means an outcome no worse that 4th place, and losing the first game means finishing no better than 5th. Win that first game!

So it looks like winning the first game means an outcome no worse that 4th place, and losing the first game means finishing no better than 5th. Win that first game!

Yep, I've lost count of how many times the host team at AAU basketball games matched themselves up with the team that they knew was obviously easiest; and, matched up the top two teams in the first game. We finished 5th quite a few times in this format.

One man's Advocare Tournament Preview: (One change since this was published, Missouri's Michael Porter is out for the season.) Wouldn't it be ironic if we got matched up vs St. John's again! :Lol:

https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/...nia-missouri-oregon-st-st-john-s-ucf-nebraska
Who’s Your Pick To Win It?
West Virginia will be a heavy favorite here, though Missouri, with Michael Porter Jr. on the roster, Nebraska, St. John’s, and Oregon State all aiming to prove that they’ll be much better than they were last year. However, UCF, with a slight home advantage, will be dangerous as it aims to build on last season’s NIT run. And Long Beach State will always aim to surprise while making its way through its typical non-conference gauntlet.
upload_2017-11-21_14-44-57.png

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back