• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

According To TO's Autobiography He Fired 4 Assistants, Any Idea...

What about Jim Walton? Did he leave before Tom became HC? Didnt he think he should have been named HC?
Covered by the article posted by weatherman. He went with Carl Selmer when he left for OC at Miami and became head coach (Pete Elliot former NU HC hired them at Miami)-just double checked on Wiki and found I had that factoid off. So no, but Selmer definitely though he should have been HC. Walden became an assistant to Powers at WSU and when Powers left to go to Mizzou, Walden became WSU head coach. Selmer left very early. I think he left before the 1973 season, and he took Walden with him. Miami had probably 20 years of being a dead end job from say 1963 to 1983.

Last edited:

It's amazing how much history is brought up in this and other threads. Things a lot of us may have forgotten but when our minds come together look what we remember. What a great board. I'm glad we're all part of it.

:MaxRules: :Gobigred:

Nothing controversial in what i said, Frank knew he was on the verge of being fired and forced several of TO's long time assistants out. Frank's desperate move nearly saved his job.
It wasn't a desperate move. They needed to go. They weren't carrying their weight.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back