• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Absolutely Clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did Dennis King see it earlier? That's who you came to try to white knight for. I lash out at people being ridiculous. There are several players here who never got on the Riley bus that I've hardly said a peep to about it. I have zero problem with people being skeptical. I have a big problem with people trying to pass their hyperbolic opinions off as fact.

Dude, walk away and take some deep breaths.

I guess we all read what we want to read. But I see Riley saying he has a great bunch of kids with no off the field problems. So many places have off the field distractions, big off the field distractions, and we haven't seen that.
Fair enough. I didn't quite take it that way, but I get what you're saying.

Did Dennis King see it earlier? That's who you came to try to white knight for. I lash out at people being ridiculous. There are several players here who never got on the Riley bus that I've hardly said a peep to about it. I have zero problem with people being skeptical. I have a big problem with people trying to pass their hyperbolic opinions off as fact.
Hey I have no problem with the above statement. I've been arguing the MR lack of merits for a long time as many posters have passed off their thoughts on his skills sets as being facts. It seems some people want to continue to pursue that dead end road instead or putting the bus in reverse and finding a different route.

Hey I have no problem with the above statement. I've been arguing the MR lack of merits for a long time as many posters have passed off their thoughts on his skills sets as being facts. It seems some people want to continue to pursue that dead end road instead or putting the bus in reverse and finding a different route.

I don't recall saying anything to you about not thinking MR was a good hire. I wasn't sold that it would work out either, but I tried to be optimistic about it and provided reasons why so thought he could. It turns out he wasn't up for the job. I don't think he was a bad coach at one time in his career, but his performance in Lincoln shows he did a poor job there.

I don't think Mack is one of the posters you are thinking of who was a Riley apologist, at least not to the degree you are talking about. We certainly disagreed about Riley, but he isn't one to attack someone over it. There are a few others who do, but Mack's not one of them.

I appreciate it, GNT.

I'm perfectly fine. Thank you anyway.
Dude, walk away and take some deep breaths.
e62b8eb7a764b31395ea449c4ee80d3fb485ee3ec25e08872366ff9724e3669e.jpg

I don't recall saying anything to you about not thinking MR was a good hire. I wasn't sold that it would work out either, but I tried to be optimistic about it and provided reasons why so thought he could. It turns out he wasn't up for the job. I don't think he was a bad coach at one time in his career, but his performance in Lincoln shows he did a poor job there.

I wasn't inferring that you specifically said he would work. I made a generalized statement in your response to me. It was more a representation of average Riley apologists with some being extreme and others not. Only you ultimately know how much you have pushed the riley agenda and how much your posts seem to imply it without stating it. Quite truthfully I don't really care until I see attacks on other posters for their views. Many have had their feelings marginalized the last couple of years in spite of being right on the hire and for some reason they are still getting it. I guess I'm a little upset about that. I'll work on getting over it.

I don't think Mack is one of the posters you are thinking of who was a Riley apologist, at least not to the degree you are talking about. We certainly disagreed about Riley, but he isn't one to attack someone over it. There are a few others who do, but Mack's not one of them.
Stop be such a damn apologist and bridgebuilder.

I regret giving you my huskermax koozie. I should have just eaten it instead of your brothers dog

Last edited:

I wasn't inferring that you specifically said he would work. I made a generalized statement in your response to me. It was more a representation of average Riley apologists with some being extreme and others not. Only you ultimately know how much you have pushed the riley agenda and how much your posts seem to imply it without stating it. Quite truthfully I don't really care until I see attacks on other posters for their views. Many have had their feelings marginalized the last couple of years in spite of being right on the hire and for some reason they are still getting it. I guess I'm a little upset about that. I'll work on getting over it.

There is one poster here who I have consistently butted heads with it had everything to do with the constant stream of negativity coming from him. You keep using that word apologist and implying that I am one simply for defending the coach of NU. That's my problem. It should be easy to discuss the coach and the program without being an ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back