• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Absolutely Clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they certainly identified the people who didn't think he could win the last 3 years. Karma kind of sucks doesn't it.

The appearance of vindictiveness isn't about supporting the head coach. Its about the treatment towards anyone that called this train wreck early on. And now their attempts to play it off as "just supporting the coach". Many on here have changed the goal posts. They went from saying how great Riley was and criticizing anyone who didn't believe them to all of a sudden saying.....well it turned out he couldn't make it work but the critics still deserved it because we were just supporting our coach.

You only see what you want to see. Again.......I'll explain this to you. Its not about being a supporter. Its about the ones who were very hard on posters that dared recognize the train wreck early.

I've only been "hard" (not sure what that means, we're all adults here) on people who appeared to be fine with or even prefer losing in order to get MR out of here. You have admitted to as much in recent weeks, so I appreciate your honesty. I just happen to think that's a ridiculous approach. "Yeah, that's my team. Hope they lose out, cause, you know, .500 coach and what not".

i also took exception to posters who would pollute every thread with that crap. "Bell on Bilitnikoff Watch List" would turn into "Riley is a loser" by post 12, because it had to be in every thread.

Finally, when someone says "I respect the man" and then call him a loser, fool, or other similar name....they don't respect him. That's just silly. I've had disagreements with folks on here about what Langs could do with a throwing QB, whether recruiting was improving, etc, and didn't do any of the 'Butthurt about Bo' stuff you mention, because that would make no more sense than being a cheerleader for your 'favorite' team's demise because you don't like the coach and have an inherent need to be right.

Oh okay, I was thinking of a different game.
That was embarrassing too. What's your point?
I think you know what my point was, but I'll lay it out. Our previous coaches have been rolled too. Some people want to pile on HCMR and it's over. It's over. It's over.

I just don't understand the vitriol some of you have. And you may not be one of them - I can't keep all the posters straight, but your comment seemed to indicate such.

If I am mistaken, I humbly apologize.

I am excited for a new beginning. I am looking forward to Frost or some other high caliber coach. We'll see what happens.

Agreed that most reply in kind but I don't think SF will be some great uniter. When he stumbles, and he will stumble, the bitch fest will continue. Only thing that will unite the fan base is winning and that is a complete unknown at this point.

C

I think he will unite the fanbase initially. And it depends on what you mean by stumble.

Entirely possible to pump sunshine (always will with OUR Huskers) ....and still want it to get better.
I will support MR until he is no longer OUR coach. Regardless if he has turned out to be much less than we wanted and/or expected he is still "the guy".....until he isn't.
Then I will support the next HC.
And on....and on....and on........

Entirely possible to pump sunshine (always will with OUR Huskers) ....and still want it to get better.
I will support MR until he is no longer OUR coach. Regardless if he has turned out to be much less than we wanted and/or expected he is still "the guy".....until he isn't.
Then I will support the next HC.
And on....and on....and on........
If your avatar depicts your age, you may not make it to the second or third "and on". :Sneaky:

Yea well you go ahead and be positive about this staff and program. I'm sure all the people that aren't happy with this train wreck are enjoying you telling them how bad of fans they are. You are basically proving my point. There are posters here pumping the sunshine regardless of how cloudy it is and crap on the people that want it to get better. Glad the people in power think opposite of you or we'd become the next Oregon State and let him hang around for 10 more years.

That is the second false accusation you have leveled against me. I will reply the same as I did in the other thread, check your facts Jack! I never called or insinuated anyone is a bad fan. I have posted multiple times that MR didn't work out here but I am not going to say he sucks or is a bad coach. You are so eager to get your pound of flesh that you are starting to post falsehoods. It looks like you are the one craping on posters.

C

Last edited:

I think he will unite the fanbase initially. And it depends on what you mean by stumble.

Good point, ask a hundred people what stumble means in this situation and you will get a hundred answers. Me, a 500 record, continued blow out losses, etc... will indicate a stumble. I know I will be all in on the next coach, but that's just how I roll.

tenor.gif

C

Last edited:
Good point, ask a hundred people what stumble means in this situating and you will get a hundred answers. Me, a 500 record, continued blow out losses, etc... well I indicate a stumble. I know I will be all in on the next coach, but that's just how I roll.

C

Almost all of the Husker fans I talk, including my family, aren't expecting a return to the 90s. They want a return to the 80s. Consistent, solid football, beat the lesser talented teams, and every few years position yourself for a legitimate run. That absolutely can be done again in Lincoln, and I hope the next coach (Frost or whoever) is the one to bring that.

Almost all of the Husker fans I talk, including my family, aren't expecting a return to the 90s. They want a return to the 80s. Consistent, solid football, beat the lesser talented teams, and every few years position yourself for a legitimate run. That absolutely can be done again in Lincoln, and I hope the next coach (Frost or whoever) is the one to bring that.

Me too!!!!!

Although I don't expect or require a 9 win threshold to be met every year. To many factors in today's college game for that to be a realistic expectation.

C

Me too!!!!!

Although I don't expect or require a 9 win threshold to be met every year. To many factors in today's college game for that to be a realistic expectation.

C

Also, not all 9 win seasons are alike. However, if your teams generally plays consistent and solid football, 9 wins shouldn't be THAT difficult every year.

Also, not all 9 win seasons are alike. However, if your teams generally plays consistent and solid football, 9 wins shouldn't be THAT difficult every year.

Shouldn't be but college has parity now that didn't exist in the 70's, 80's, and 90's so I am not one to make 9 wins the bar. Heck if I had the choice between 7 seasons of 9-10 wins or 7 seasons of 7-13(or more) wins I will take the latter every time. I agree that not all 9 win seasons are alike.

C

Shouldn't be but college has parity now that didn't exist in the 70's, 80's, and 90's so I am not one to make 9 wins the bar. Heck if I had the choice between 7 seasons of 9-10 wins or 7 seasons of 7-13(or more) wins I will take the latter every time. I agree that not all 9 win seasons are alike.

C

I don't think 9 wins should be the end all, be all standard. But usually that's a sign of consistency. The wild up and down swings don't always lead to long term success.

I think you know what my point was, but I'll lay it out. Our previous coaches have been rolled too. Some people want to pile on HCMR and it's over. It's over. It's over.

I just don't understand the vitriol some of you have. And you may not be one of them - I can't keep all the posters straight, but your comment seemed to indicate such.

If I am mistaken, I humbly apologize.

I am excited for a new beginning. I am looking forward to Frost or some other high caliber coach. We'll see what happens.
Yes, you are mistaken. You are thinking of someone else, or you are just trying to pigeonhole me.

I didn't think Bo was a great coach. Good not grate. But some of the losses were embarrassing. And I occasionally made fun of him:

https://forum.huskermax.com/index.p...-be-a-nebraska-fan-for-the-last-decade.42087/

But I didn't think he needed to be fired yet. And I didn't think MR would take us to the next level, but I was as hopeful as anyone else. But I still would criticize and make jokes like I've done every coach including Osborne. Still supported every coach. Not vitriolic. But some people have a very narrow definition of support, and they seem to think that critiques and jokes means youre a bad fan. Up until the Minny game, I'd have been okay giving MR more time. But I don't think so anymore, not with some of the other coaches available this time around. But giving a coach only 3 years still doesn't sit well with me. Oh well.

I don't know what a dignified loss is. But 3-62 is definitely not one. That was the point of my post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back