1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Absolutely Clueless

Discussion in 'Football' started by Dennis M King Jr, Nov 13, 2017 at 1:43 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis M King Jr

Dennis M King Jr Recruit

These kinds of statements just baffle me. I realize people think he did outstanding at OSU, given what he had to work with, but when I look at his records there, it just confirms to me that Mike Riley, as nice of a guy as he is, and as decent of a human being as he is, just is not a good football coach....and in some areas, seems absolutely clueless to me. Given the current state of the program, you just don't make such asinine comments as these.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-coach-mike-riley-issues-except-games

skerinks likes this.
  2. Mack The Shark

Mack The Shark Starter 2 Year Member

People put way too much stock into what coaches say in press conferences. Riley's not going to take a flame thrower to the players or assistants.

3. berryhusker

berryhusker Junior Varsity 10 Year Member

Agreed. Not sure what anyone expects him to say.

4. Dennis M King Jr

Dennis M King Jr Recruit

I'm not putting stock into what he's saying....obviously. I'm also not expecting him to throw players and assistants under the bus. Did you even read the article? It's just dumb to say that there's no issues, except in games. Plenty of other things to say instead of that.

CrnhskrBob likes this.
  5. Dennis M King Jr

Dennis M King Jr Recruit

Funny thing, most of what sets off posters here that I can tell is what is said in press conferences. :rolleyes:

CrnhskrBob likes this.
  6. Mack The Shark

I didn't read the article. I listened to the press conference though and it sounded a lot more to me like a man admitting that the results on the field are subpar. I think you're looking for crap to bitch about because you're angry that the team sucks. Most fans do this.

Pops, BigRedDave, CrnhskrBob and 6 others like this.
  7. 1standten

1standten Junior Varsity 2 Year Member

The thing I take away from the last couple years is Mike Riley is simply used to losing. He thinks it's all part of playing the game and this NU team has taken on that mentality as well. It just doesn't seem to bother them much when they lose.

8. huskrthill

huskrthill Crap 5 Year Member

I don't have a problem with it, actually. I think he's saying that it's a good group of kids, haven't been in trouble, but things haven't worked out on Saturdays.

9. Dennis M King Jr

Dennis M King Jr Recruit

Maybe, and you're looking for posts to bitch about. Most posters do this.

Husker In Oklahoma likes this.
  10. bilsker

bilsker Husker Fan 10 Year Member

given the circumstances and the fact the die is cast. .it is kind of a funny statement.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 2:08 PM
  11. Mack The Shark

Lol. Unwad your panties. I fully admit I was having the same reaction on Saturday during and after the game.

CrnhskrBob likes this.
  12. Hville

Hville Red Shirt 2 Year Member

I agree with this. We spent almost 3 years listening to posters who put too much stock into what he said in his press conferences.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 2:14 PM
  13. Dennis M King Jr

Dennis M King Jr Recruit

My pants are fine. You're the one that lashed out first. Meh. Whatev

14. Mack The Shark

If there is one thing that I've taken away from Riley's tenure it's that press conference coach speak doesn't mean crap. It rarely ever does for any coach, but Riley reinforced that for me.

15. Hville

Hville Red Shirt 2 Year Member

I think you are looking at crap to bitch about with other posters because you are angry Mike Riley is failing. Most Riley apologists do this.

redbull and Dennis M King Jr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.