• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A Wrinkle In Time

Red Dead Redemption

Baba Yaga
10 Year Member

So many feelz...

This was probably my favorite book I read as a child. I'm sure the movie won't be as good as what my imagination was when I read the book, and the modernization of it probably won't properly capture the fears/injustices/norms from the time period it was originally written in, but some of the themes were before its time and perhaps more applicable today. Either way, i'm still looking very forward to the adaptation. I literally got chills watching the trailer.

Last edited:

So many feelz...

This was probably my favorite book I read as a child. I'm sure the movie won't be as good as what my imagination was when I read the book, and the modernization of it probably won't properly capture the fears/injustices from the time period it was originally written in, but some of the themes were before its time and perhaps more applicable today. Either way, i'm still looking very forward to the adaptation. I literally got chills watching the trailer.

You got chills...it was Oprah right.

You got chills...it was Oprah right.
anigif_sub-buzz-8298-1500148837-3.gif

I loved the book too. I may be different though, I probably won't see the movie. I don't like to replace my imagined worlds for classics like that. Never saw Lord of the Rings for the same reason.

I loved the book too. I may be different though, I probably won't see the movie. I don't like to replace my imagined worlds for classics like that. Never saw Lord of the Rings for the same reason.
I agree, I have the same concern as well, but will still probably see the movie, because no one is around to tell me not to do what I want. :Biggrin:

I made a point to read the Harry Potter books (and made our kids as well) before we would take them to the movies.

I had read the Bicentennial Man from Issac Asimov and was really excited to see the movie, with Robin Williams, however, as you have stated, the movie let me down so badly it wasn't even funny. It wasn't even really the same story, so very disappointing. They did the same thing with I, Robot also.

Here is to hoping that they didn't hack the book to pieces, just to make a stupid money grab type movie. Damn that Oprah. ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back