• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A Jabroni’s Spring Game Thoughts

HoustonHusker

Red Shirt
First off, today’s spring game wasn’t enough to fulfill my needs and I might die in anticipation waiting for September.

QBs - I came in with an open-mind on the QB race, however I left leaning towards Martinez being the guy. Gebbia played well, not stellar. Martinez was just intriguing and fun to watch. As a Texans fans, I got to watch Deshaun Watson and every time he steps on the field it was just fun to watch. While I’m not saying A-Mart is Watson, he brings excitement to the offense. A lot to be played out and a long summer, but I think the Huskers will start the season with a true freshman.

RBs - Nothing really struck out to me. Bell is the best so far until we see what Maurice Washington brings. I worry about the run game this year.

WRs - We are loaded at this position. Mcquitty is only a frosh and Lisdney looks likes he’ll flourish in this offense. Morgan, JD, Lisdney, Mquitty is a damn good corp. Add in Warner, Mcgriff, and Reimers.

TEs - Stoll will be a stud. Allen and Rafdal looked good as well.

OL - Didn’t study enough to make a judgement. Still needs work. Jaimes and Farniok will be the corner stones.

DL - Dashion Neal.

LBs - Hope Breon Dixon can play. Mo Barry and Young look to start.

DBs - Nice to Lamar Jackson get an INT. Tony Butler got burned a bunch. Need to watch the spring game again

Kickers - They better put in some work this summer.

Last edited:

It's definitely a work in progress. Too many mistakes from the snap to the whistle everywhere right now. I don't think Frost is comfortable with what he saw.

It's definitely a work in progress. Too many mistakes from the snap to the whistle everywhere right now. I don't think Frost is comfortable with what he saw.

Of coarse it is a work in progress, you have been really critical on your assessment of the team. You really didn’t seem like you were impressed with what you saw from any of the qbs in the Martinez thread.

Which is somewhat typical of you.

I guess my question is what do want to see? This is not a team that is winning 10 games next year. If they are lucky and improve all season they have a chance at 8 wins.

It seems like you have knowledge of the game, but it can’t just be critical all the time. You can win games without perfection. There is no such thing as a perfect team and this one is far from it.

Sorry, it just seems like you are always a Debbie downer. It was not perfect, but there was stuff to like.

Of coarse it is a work in progress, you have been really critical on your assessment of the team. You really didn’t seem like you were impressed with what you saw from any of the qbs in the Martinez thread.

Which is somewhat typical of you.

I guess my question is what do want to see? This is not a team that is winning 10 games next year. If they are lucky and improve all season they have a chance at 8 wins.

It seems like you have knowledge of the game, but it can’t just be critical all the time. You can win games without perfection. There is no such thing as a perfect team and this one is far from it.

Sorry, it just seems like you are always a Debbie downer. It was not perfect, but there was stuff to like.
Plenty to like and dislike about the Spring game. It is a work in progress and I think we will all be pleasantly surprised in the fall as to what the product ends up being throughout the year.

There is going to be plenty to critique and I hope Husker fans aren't going to be whiny about it when somebody does just that.

Plenty to like and dislike about the Spring game. It is a work in progress and I think we will all be pleasantly surprised in the fall as to what the product ends up being throughout the year.

There is going to be plenty to critique and I hope Husker fans aren't going to be whiny about it when somebody does just that.

So my brother, who is not one to engage in hyperbole or unreasonable expectations, told me he has no doubt that Nebraska will be contending for a national title in 5 years. That's not based on the spring game, it's just his gut feeling. I'm still not sure what I think about that statement.

So my brother, who is not one to engage in hyperbole or unreasonable expectations, told me he has no doubt that Nebraska will be contending for a national title in 5 years. That's not based on the spring game, it's just his gut feeling. I'm still not sure what I think about that statement.
I think in 5 years, Nebraska will be a marquee game on anyone's schedule once again. Whether that gets us into the playoff or not is hard to say but we will no longer be curb-stomped by every good team we play which has been the case most of the time since Thanksgiving '01.

I think in 5 years, Nebraska will be a marquee game on anyone's schedule once again. Whether that gets us into the playoff or not is hard to say but we will no longer be curb-stomped by every good team we play which has been the case most of the time since Thanksgiving '01.

I agree 100% with this statement

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back