• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A Day in QB School with Mario Verduzco

Bigger Ed

XL Cranial Shield w/ Auxiliary Vision Enhancement
5 Year Member
Lincoln Journal-Star
The explanation includes the following terms: “Translational rotational power,” “schema exaggeration,” “maximal optimal thrust,” “lateral bending of the spine,” along with formulas for power, force, torque and more.

Interesting read.

Honestly, there are times I don't understand what Verduzco is saying. Like Diaco, only I'm willing to overlook it in Coach V. It just goes to show there are things you can get away with if you're successful.

Lincoln Journal-Star

Interesting read.

Honestly, there are times I don't understand what Verduzco is saying. Like Diaco, only I'm willing to overlook it in Coach V. It just goes to show there are things you can get away with if you're successful.
Excellent article...this staff is passionate, dedicated and they know how to coach. They love seeing players progress it’s going to be fun to watch this team get better each week. Finally fans will expect to win games not just hope they win or not get embarassed...it’s been a very long time but it’s here.

He’s an interesting cat, no doubt. Kind of reminds me of one of my psych professors in college. He seems to really be able to connect with the kids.

For the record, I am tickled that we won’t have the input of a certain individual to derail this thread.

I don’t think Coach V is “getting away with” anything. The guy has a masters degree in biomechanics and exercise physiology, so he knows his stuff. He has a track record of success with his pupils, so he has managed to translate that knowledge into effective coaching. If Taylor Martinez could have had 1) coach V as his coach, and 2) stayed healthy, he would have been unbeatable.

I just get a kick out of Coach Mario.

This meeting between reporter and coach, over 2½ hours on a Friday afternoon when most everybody else at NU was eager to start spring break, came about because of a simple question: “What are the five phases of the throwing motion?” Responded Verduzco, “We’ll talk until your eyes bleed if you want.”

:Lol:

That’s how the “cubes,” as Verduzco calls his pupils, learn in Lincoln these days

I love it. "Cubes" :Biggrin:

Mad_scientist.svg.png

He’s an interesting cat, no doubt. Kind of reminds me of one of my psych professors in college. He seems to really be able to connect with the kids.

For the record, I am tickled that we won’t have the input of a certain individual to derail this thread.
That's funny because I read the title and had to re-look who started it just in case...….

I don’t think Coach V is “getting away with” anything. The guy has a masters degree in biomechanics and exercise physiology, so he knows his stuff. He has a track record of success with his pupils, so he has managed to translate that knowledge into effective coaching. If Taylor Martinez could have had 1) coach V as his coach, and 2) stayed healthy, he would have been unbeatable.
He gets away with being a "mad scientist." If Diaco had turned the defense around, we'd be saying the same thing about him.

Lincoln Journal-Star

Interesting read.

Regarding your successful comment - I agree. The on-field performance of a true freshman that didn't play his senior year was remarkable - as is what he did with getting a relative unknown at UCF into the Heisman trophy discussion. Even better, he appears to be able to attract solid talent. It's all speculation, but AM, McCaffrey, and Smothers is a nice 3-year run on the trail.

If he keeps up what he did last year with our other QBs, we need to figure out how to do whatever it takes to keep him happy and keep him on this staff. The MOST important position on the field in today's game is the QB, and having a guy who can find, recruit, and develop them is vital

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back