• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

8 days. Hard to believe.

BigRedAvenger

Poster of Substance
5 Year Member
It’s hard to believe in 8 days we will be done with Cornhusker football until 2019. Hopefully the Huskers can get 2 more wins to close the season. Why does the season always take so long to get here and then go by so fast?

Of course not going to a bowl adds to the length of the offseason, but still...

The CF season will continue into January. We can root for our Big 10 brethren to do well in their post season games. Can anyone challenge Alabama in the CFP this year? It will be worth watching.

I hope a Big 10 team can get into the CFP. That will make the remainder of the season a bit more entertaining.

Notre Dame will probably get into the CFP, but I think UCF would beat them.

Last edited:
Worse than prison .... sentence starting at November 24 2018 thru August 31 2019.

8qepDAw.png

255 days to go :eek:

The CF season will continue into January. We can root for our Big 10 brethren to do well in their post season games. Can anyone challenge Alabama in the CFP this year? It will be worth watching.

I hope a Big 10 team can get into the CFP. That will make the remainder of the season a bit more entertaining.

Notre Dame will probably get into the CFP, but I think UCF could beat them.
I will root for Georgia Tech to spoil UGAs season and cheer for Oklahoma to slay mighty Alabama... its pretty much all I have left when Husker Football ends.

I will root for Georgia Tech to spoil UGAs season and cheer for Oklahoma to slay mighty Alabama... its pretty much all I have left when Husker Football ends.

If Alabama, Clemson, ND and Michigan win out, Oklahoma will be on the outside looking in.

But I think good games could materialize with that group of finalists.

Last edited:
I would rather see Clemson, ND, and Michigan win out, have Georgia beat Alabama in the conference championship game, and watch the selection committee finagle a way to keep Alabama above Georgia right before the final rankings come out. This is our best chance at expanding from 4 teams to 8 teams.

Last edited:

I want chaos. I want to burn everything down. I want wailing and gnashing of teeth for as far as the eye can see. I want Urban Meyer to complain about missing a PAT in a 55-0 route of Michigan, and then get steamrolled by Northwestern in the B1G Championship. I want West Virginia to beat Oklahoma, then see Oklahoma beat them in the Big 12 Championship. I want Washington State to win out, and I want Mike Leach to take his pirate sword to every interview until 2019 so that he can literally swing his sword and smack stuff every time someone asks a stupid question. I want a scandal in the SEC where a big conspiracy is uncovered showing that Alabama boosters have been paying Auburn's recruiting staff to sign mediocre talent for years, and Auburn retaliates by releasing video footage of an Auburn alum dressed as an Alabama alum throwing money at a long-snapper that nobody ever heard of before, but both teams were recruiting. I want video footage of Tom Herman pole dancing with Zach Smith at a strip club while the working ladies look on with concern. I want Nick Saban to go coach some NFL team. I want whoever wrote "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" to sue PJ Fleck for copyright infringement. I want the CFP committee to drop the charade and just go with their hearts and pick Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and Kentucky for the playoffs. I also want mobs with pitchforks and torches chasing the CFP committee into their NCAA-provided panic room.

That's all I ask.

I want chaos. I want to burn everything down. I want wailing and gnashing of teeth for as far as the eye can see. I want Urban Meyer to complain about missing a PAT in a 55-0 route of Michigan, and then get steamrolled by Northwestern in the B1G Championship. I want West Virginia to beat Oklahoma, then see Oklahoma beat them in the Big 12 Championship. I want Washington State to win out, and I want Mike Leach to take his pirate sword to every interview until 2019 so that he can literally swing his sword and smack stuff every time someone asks a stupid question. I want a scandal in the SEC where a big conspiracy is uncovered showing that Alabama boosters have been paying Auburn's recruiting staff to sign mediocre talent for years, and Auburn retaliates by releasing video footage of an Auburn alum dressed as an Alabama alum throwing money at a long-snapper that nobody ever heard of before, but both teams were recruiting. I want video footage of Tom Herman pole dancing with Zach Smith at a strip club while the working ladies look on with concern. I want Nick Saban to go coach some NFL team. I want whoever wrote "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" to sue PJ Fleck for copyright infringement. I want the CFP committee to drop the charade and just go with their hearts and pick Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and Kentucky for the playoffs. I also want mobs with pitchforks and torches chasing the CFP committee into their NCAA-provided panic room.

That's all I ask.

:eek: :thumbsup: :eek:

Notre Dame will probably get into the CFP, but I think UCF would beat them.
No reason to root for a BIG10 team over any other team. I don't want them to get a recruiting bump by winning a Natty, leave that for us.

That's all I ask.

I would add this....Alabama loses to Georgia in the SEC CC game, fails to make the CFP, plays an unbeaten UCF in the Sugar Bowl and gets beat. The NCAA would again recognize UCF as the co-NC and the CFP declaration of a NC would be as hollow as it was last year.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back