• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 5 * Tyjon Lindsey commits to Ohio State but NU is not eliminated from the Tyjon Lindsey race

Status
Not open for further replies.
RR, I miss the unbiased postings in these forums about what was being said on the radio, and what thoughts were on how a recruit is feeling. Is there a way to create a forum simply for that, and nothing else. Maybe more like a blog with approved posters? Just miss coming here and seeing pertinent information about Husker recruitment.

I will still do that I promise. I guess we could create a forum like that but I think its better left here.

I agree totally with your last (bold) sentence and that was my point. A small handful of folks have hijacked this forum however, it will work its way out. This place was always a haven from this stuff that was going on in the football forum and its unfortunate its bled over into here. I just thought it was time as I did in another thread too to call it like it is.

I have no problem with all opinion and folks contributing. i welcome it. What I have a problem with is the hijacking, the wee wee contests etc. etc.

I will still do that I promise. I guess we could create a forum like that but I think its better left here.

I agree totally with your last (bold) sentence and that was my point. A small handful of folks have hijacked this forum however, it will work its way out. This place was always a haven from this stuff that was going on in the football forum and its unfortunate its bled over into here. I just thought it was time as I did in another thread too to call it like it is.

I have no problem with all opinion and folks contributing. i welcome it. What I have a problem with is the hijacking, the wee wee contests etc. etc.

I have enough going on real world. Can't handle wee wee contests in forum life.

Active Duty, raising three kids, loving most every minute...

I have enough going on real world. Can't handle wee wee contests in forum life.

Active Duty, raising three kids, loving most every minute...

Understand was active duty myself for 24 years years with two young daughters. So I understand only to well.

Dude a discussion about what to do with recruits who are injured belongs in this forum.

Z. Darlington honor the commitment. If a recruit who verbals elsewhere gets injured and we back off a flip? Seems like something to consider.

Beats threads with the same tweet posted all over the place, high school popularity polls, etc.

Not sure if I have allowable opinions or not! :Biggrin:

That was not my point. You want to argue the bold fair enough. Look at the big picture the last 6 months to a year on this forum and I stand firmly behind what I said.

You of all people my good friend know what I am saying....

Your opinions are always welcome....lightens things up around here. :)

Dude a discussion about what to do with recruits who are injured belongs in this forum.

Z. Darlington honor the commitment. If a recruit who verbals elsewhere gets injured and we back off a flip? Seems like something to consider.

Beats threads with the same tweet posted all over the place, high school popularity polls, etc.

Not sure if I have allowable opinions or not! :Biggrin:

I'm 58 years old with a torn meniscus as I type this and bursitis (under control with bone broth) and I'll be at the gym tomorrow morning working the heavy bag for 7 rounds. It's a very easy injury to overcome, especially for an 18 year old kid. It would be a different story had Lindsey blown out his ACL. Even then, a lot of guys (Adrian Peterson comes to mind) come back even stronger because of today's medical technology. Sure wish Sayers could have gotten his knee repaired with modern surgery techniques.

I just celebrated the 39th anniversary of my torn ACL. Thankfully, it was mis-diagnosed as "just a sprain" and I never had surgery. I'll be at the gym tomorrow doing box-jumps, dead lifts and burpees. So glad I didn't have surgery with circa-1977 ACL repair techniques.

I just celebrated the 39th anniversary of my torn ACL. Thankfully, it was mis-diagnosed as "just a sprain" and I never had surgery. I'll be at the gym tomorrow doing box-jumps, dead lifts and burpees. So glad I didn't have surgery with circa-1977 ACL repair techniques.

You lost me at burpees. :Puke:

I have to tell you its posts like this and others that make me post less and less in this forum. I spoke about it in another thread. The Recruiting Forum used to be a great place to come to share information and learn. The past 6 months to a year have not been fun or in many case real informative.

I don't want to have to wade through pages of wee weeing contests to get to get to some real information.

Note that a lot posters who contributed a lot to this forum are as tired of it as I am. Thus contributing less and less and I find that sad.

Community as a whole is going to have decide as whole if this what they want.

A dozen of so of us have taken our discussion off tis forum to actually talk about what is going on in recruiting with none of the stuff that is polluting many of the threads now in this forum.

RR
I would say that some people post something and then dig in when evidence is presented that debunks their premise. I believe that the best approach to that is to just let the incorrect opinion die of sunlight...

That said, I really appreciate your input and passion that you and many of the other knowledgeable recruiting fans share on this site.

I would say that some people post something and then dig in when evidence is presented that debunks their premise. I believe that the best approach to that is to just let the incorrect opinion die of sunlight...

That said, I really appreciate your input and passion that you and many of the other knowledgeable recruiting fans share on this site.

If only this could happen...

:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

This forum is the reason I joined up again after an absence of 12 years or so. The other forums on Huskermax are , indeed, "WeeWee contests".

That was not my point. You want to argue the bold fair enough. Look at the big picture the last 6 months to a year on this forum and I stand firmly behind what I said.

You of all people my good friend know what I am saying....

Your opinions are always welcome....lightens things up around here. :)

Sometimes it feels like every topic just becomes an argument by those who love to argue and be 'right'. Often not even arguing about the topic at hand. It certainly has gotten very old. Those in positions of power for this site are the only ones who can change that culture that has been developing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back