• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 5 * Tyjon Lindsey commits to Ohio State but NU is not eliminated from the Tyjon Lindsey race

Status
Not open for further replies.

The best part about recruiting is nothing is 100% official until February, and as we have seen before stranger things have happened! With or without Lindsey, this has been a pretty good class so far, and sounds like we are in good standing with some big recruits, as Red Reign has said before "recruiting is not for the faint of heart" I think with a good season, the recruiting will end up just fine, so with that said, best wishes to all the recruits and wherever they decide to attend school!! GBR

The best part about recruiting is nothing is 100% official until February, and as we have seen before stranger things have happened! With or without Lindsey, this has been a pretty good class so far, and sounds like we are in good standing with some big recruits, as Red Reign has said before "recruiting is not for the faint of heart" I think with a good season, the recruiting will end up just fine, so with that said, best wishes to all the recruits and wherever they decide to attend school!! GBR

Yep. Not gonna downplay how awesome it would have been (or could be I suppose) to land Lindsey. I do think he will end up being one of the game changer type guys for the Buckeyes.

With that said Tanner Lee, POB, and Gebbia will all still have plenty of talent to throw to.

After his shoulder injury, I wouldn't put it past OSU to drop him later. We shall see. Good luck to him.

I wouldn't put it past them either. In this case, since he's a 5* and tied in with Marshall, he's probably okay. But it seems like something Meyer or Harbaugh would be willing to do to a "lesser" recruit.

Those shoulder injuries can be a long term bothersome injury. Hard to keep healthy once injured. I believe he could get it injured again due to his size. All it takes is one big ugly to get a hold of him.

Last edited:
Will have to agree to disagree with you here. The last part, you may very well be right that we finish right in the #20-#25 range.. I think a lot of that will depend on how our season goes.

As for having seen something like this year in the last couple as it pertains to recruiting. Really? When? I didn't used to follow recruiting as much as I do now, but I don't ever remember there being this many higher-profile guys interested in NU. Maybe I am missing something or 247 is missing info. But I just checked there OV info from BP's tenure, shows that during that entire time he had two 5* come to campus (Andrus Peat and Jonathan Bullard both in 2012).

Riley has 5 expected to make a trip to Lincoln this year alone - WR Joseph Lewis, WR Tyjon Lindsey, DT Tyler Shelvin, DB Darnay Holmes and OT Foster Sarell.

As I said I used to not follow recruiting as closely as I do now, so you or anyone else can feel free to let me know if I am way off base but there seems to be a lot more intrigue/interest in NU from big time talent than Bo and his staff generated despite never losing more than 4 games in a season.

Edit: And for those who want to say "We won't get any of them" well... you may be right at the moment. But the first step to getting an upswing in the talent level is getting these guys initially interested in the program, and Riley and Co. seem to have done a great job with that. Go out, win a bunch of games this year and next to show the program is trending upward, and those 5* visits will start to turn into 5* commits.

What he said.

I am not going to pretend this doesn't suck. The thought of him on fly sweeps and running bubble screens was pretty amazing in my mind. I think he is a legit talent and will be a huge name at Ohio State despite the poor coaching and 7 passes a game he will get. :)

That being said, if I am honest and in the spirit of need, with Spielman and Grimm on board (and Calvin still in the mix) I really think that if I had to choose I would want Lewis over Lindsay. Lewis is a bigger body and more of that classic mold of big, strong outside receiver. With Morgan and Alston in the 2014 class, you are going to need someone that is a big target this year. Between Lewis and Johnson, you have a couple of bigger bodies out there that can catch the tough catches and spread the field a bit. Then McQuity and potentially Clavin give you that depth you are looking for at all positions and gives the coaches a lot of freedom.

There is no way I wouldn't take Lindsay right now, he is an amazing player and a huge recruit. In terms of needs, I am about 7% happier with losing him if we land Lewis. If we get neither, I am a sad panda, but I will get over it. We all knew we were never going to get both, so hopefully Lewis was sold on the Huskers. And Calvin as well. That is a lot of speed in this class if you end up with those guys on top of McQuitty. I have a headache just thinking of how you cover those guys.

Interesting. Wonder if anyone has ever flipped after doing a video announcement of this nature. I'm sure there will be eventually, but it just feels much harder to do knowing there were a good deal of time, money and resources put into just the announcement itself. Would have certainly been nice to get some publicity out of being the second horse.

Last edited:
Interesting. Wonder if anyone has ever flipped after doing a video announcement of this nature. I'm sure there will be eventually, but it just feels much harder to do knowing there were a good deal of time, money and resources put into just the announcement itself. Would have certainly been nice to get some publicity out of being the second horse.

That's why he as a second video, his sequel, to be released in January 2017. ;)

I don't see him coming here barring Tate going elsewhere and him maybe not getting some love from OSU because of his injury. I'm not even sure we were really his second choice. If we were, why not include us in the video? I think he likes the Twitter followers he got from NU.

I don't see him coming here barring Tate going elsewhere and him maybe not getting some love from OSU because of his injury. I'm not even sure we were really his second choice. If we were, why not include us in the video? I think he likes the Twitter followers he got from NU.

I have it on zero authority that many of these guys make 2-3 videos to keep options open and leave bleacher report, et al, guessing. And by zero, I mean I think I heard it somewhere but I could be imagining it.

Simply because TL Tweets "I like Nebraska a lot and love Coach Williams." does not mean he's an OSU soft commit, still flirting with DONU. He might throw the word 'love' around like Donald Trump....meaning if he doesn't hate it then he 'loves' it.

I don't think any kid makes a big video production out of their (commit) announcement with the hidden agenda of being a soft commit. If TL was not absolutely sure about OSU then he would have / should have postponed his announcement.

I think the discussion on this thread of him still considering DONU is delusional optimism at this point; especially immediately after he very publicly announced his commitment to OSU. I'm not saying there's no way he cannot eventually flip because that can definitely happen as we approach Feb 2017, but at this point in time, we need to steer our optimistic enthusiasm toward other guys out there that show clear signs of interest like Lewis for example.

Between now and Feb 2017, various factors outside of our control could happen as mentioned on this thread that can change his mind: his QB bud could decommit; he just might finally wake up to the fact that his pending WR coach is a J-A. If he does change his mind then great, but let's not hold our breath over that. I feel like there are guys on this forum that cannot face the reality that this guy 'got engaged' to one of our B10 rivals. Let's get over it, and move on.

I think the discussion on this thread of him still considering DONU is delusional optimism at this point; especially immediately after he very publicly announced his commitment to OSU. I'm not saying there's no way he cannot eventually flip because that can definitely happen as we approach Feb 2017, but at this point in time, we need to steer our optimistic enthusiasm toward other guys out there that show clear signs of interest like Lewis for example.

Between now and Feb 2017, various factors outside of our control could happen as mentioned on this thread that can change his mind: his QB bud could decommit; he just might finally wake up to the fact that his pending WR coach is a J-A. If he does change his mind then great, but let's not hold our breath over that. I feel like there are guys on this forum that cannot face the reality that this guy 'got engaged' to one of our B10 rivals. Let's get over it, and move on.
Fact.

Last edited:

Simply because TL Tweets "I like Nebraska a lot and love Coach Williams." does not mean he's an OSU soft commit, still flirting with DONU. He might throw the word 'love' around like Donald Trump....meaning if he doesn't hate it then he 'loves' it.

I don't think any kid makes a big video production out of their (commit) announcement with the hidden agenda of being a soft commit. If TL was not absolutely sure about OSU then he would have / should have postponed his announcement.

Solid post, especially the bolded.

OSU coach nutZach
7834376.jpeg
Shrek.jpeg
images

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back