• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 5* Micah Parsons: OV For Wisconsin Game/To decide 'soon' and enroll early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you may have been behind the same guy

I would agree there is no need to stand the whole game but expecting people to sit the whole game is not any better. I remember at the Rutgers game in NJ. The National Anthem had just ended and most people were standing getting ready for the kickoff. The lady behind me said, "You need to sit down. " I turned around and said yeah not going to happen. She waved the guard down and he pointed at everyone else who were also standing and shrugged. After about the third play of the first series pretty much everyone including me sat down. There are certain points in the game where it does make sense to stand. Opening kick off being one.
I think I will stand at my desk until Micah Parsons commits!

Getting back to Parsons... I still think we need to get 2 OLBs for this class. That is the one position that what we recruited to for the 4-3 the past decade that we don't quite have enough guys that can do it. ILBs are pretty much the same, DL is the same, and DBs are the same. But it's a different skillset than what our DEs or OLBs in the 4-3 were being asked to do. Bring 2 in this year, too pivotal of a position to not have options.

David Alston was sent a formal offer by Nebraska when all those official offers went out recently. Wisconsin, Minnesota and Utah have not done that yet. That tells me that the staff is doing what we've talked about. They look like they want to secure at least one "sure thing" (like Alston) and then use a +3 on a top of the board guy like Micah Parson, Bo Calvert, Ronnie Perkins or Elijah Wade.

David Alston was sent a formal offer by Nebraska when all those official offers went out recently. Wisconsin, Minnesota and Utah have not done that yet. That tells me that the staff is doing what we've talked about. They look like they want to secure at least one "sure thing" (like Alston) and then use a +3 on a top of the board guy like Micah Parson, Bo Calvert, Ronnie Perkins or Elijah Wade.

How much of a talent gap is there between Alston and the rest of them. Well except Parson's as i don't think anyone is close to his level.

How much of a talent gap is there between Alston and the rest of them. Well except Parson's as i don't think anyone is close to his level.

The easy way to say it is that the guys above him are legit, consensus four-star guys (Parsons being a five-star), while Alston is firmly in the three-star category. Alston does have a nice frame and solid tools to work with though. He's no slouch, just a tier below the other guys.

I was a freshman on the track team with Beebe his last year when NFL scouts started going after him. He was a little bit of all-of the above in your post where he left school to be near his GF, worked for his brother's siding business, and then ended up going back. But his 5-yr clock ran out. So he came to Chadron State where he could play a final season through the Coach who used to coach him at Western Illinois.

Woodhead is another story. He was just shunned by Nebraska and Chadron put on the full-court press where his brother was already going. Playing in the largest football class in the state, all you have to do is go look at the current record book to see the most successful RB in state history and that there was no excuse for NU on this one.
I wonder how they could pass on Woodhead. He must have shown borderline potential at the time, and our coaching staff must have shown borderline talent awareness at the time. Neither sufficient enough at the same time to make an NU offer. That's a bummer.

True, but at the same time, NFL scouts live at Ohio State practices and games. OSU produces so many NFL draftees that it is hard to turn down that opportunity, as well as playing for Meyer who will lead them to success almost year in year out. It's a tough decision. You've got to buy in that you will be great, no matter where you go, and believe that. If he does, then he will choose his best fit. I believe he is a true 3-4 OLB pass rusher, and one of the best we've come across so the opportunity is clearly here at NU if he chooses.
Since when have talented Huskers had a problem with getting exposure/drafted?

They have to get someone on board at the position. A commit from Alston is not scaring Parsons, Calvert, Perkins, or Wade away. But we can't afford to just try and find someone in November when it looks like those guys are slipping away from us. Get someone locked in sooner than later, then keep hard after those 4 and hope a miracle happens. The "cat" position was definitely frustrating to watch this past Saturday.

I was a freshman on the track team with Beebe his last year when NFL scouts started going after him. He was a little bit of all-of the above in your post where he left school to be near his GF, worked for his brother's siding business, and then ended up going back. But his 5-yr clock ran out. So he came to Chadron State where he could play a final season through the Coach who used to coach him at Western Illinois.

Woodhead is another story. He was just shunned by Nebraska and Chadron put on the full-court press where his brother was already going. Playing in the largest football class in the state, all you have to do is go look at the current record book to see the most successful RB in state history and that there was no excuse for NU on this one.
For Woodheads sake I'm glad he didn't get much of a look at NU. Billy C would never have given him a chance over his 4/5* recruits no matter how he performed

Sounds like you may have been behind the same guy

I would agree there is no need to stand the whole game but expecting people to sit the whole game is not any better. I remember at the Rutgers game in NJ. The National Anthem had just ended and most people were standing getting ready for the kickoff. The lady behind me said, "You need to sit down. " I turned around and said yeah not going to happen. She waved the guard down and he pointed at everyone else who were also standing and shrugged. After about the third play of the first series pretty much everyone including me sat down. There are certain points in the game where it does make sense to stand. Opening kick off being one.

That's really the point. It's a game & there will be ebbs and flows. Follow what the majority are doing around you. Been doing it for decades and it works until you get some idiot whose decided standing the whole game is all "real" fans do. If you cannot stand periodically, you probably should be in another section of the stadium or stay home. But standing the whole game, constantly blocking the view behind you is rude.

They have to get someone on board at the position. A commit from Alston is not scaring Parsons, Calvert, Perkins, or Wade away. But we can't afford to just try and find someone in November when it looks like those guys are slipping away from us. Get someone locked in sooner than later, then keep hard after those 4 and hope a miracle happens. The "cat" position was definitely frustrating to watch this past Saturday.

Apparently, Parrella agrees with you as he is still offering. Waggoner is the #1 recruit in Iowa and is the #11 Weakside DE according to 247.

http://247sports.com/Player/John-Waggoner-93609

Last edited:

Completely agree... i've said this all along. People keep saying he was too good and would have found his way on the field and I don't believe that to be true.

I think if anyone would ask Danny if he is upset Nebraska didn't come calling, I bet his answer would be 'Nebraska Who?'. We can only guess what might of happened if he did go to Nebraska, but we do know what actually did happen and I think he is fine with it.

Also do we know when Micah plans on making his official announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back