• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 5* Micah Parsons: OV For Wisconsin Game/To decide 'soon' and enroll early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, please, Pilk, you aren't suggesting that guys need 3-4 years to learn to block, catch balls, know running gaps, or understand wrapping up on tackles, are you? That's just silly. There is superior technique, greater strength (probably the most critical), maybe even better timing that comes with time, but we've been in the same offense for 3 years. Many have been in the S&C program 2-3 years. It's not the first time they every had to pass block, or run routes. Game in and game out we see players making far too many mistakes for it to be pawned off on 'not enough time'.

Take a look at the rosters of teams we've played over the last 3 years, and they are loaded with contributing young players, low rated prospects who are fundamentally rock stolid. Our lack of time in a system doesn't account for our lack of consistent execution. That's coaching, that's poor practice habits, and a lack of accountability when players continue to make mistakes. I played on a basketball team that was at least 10 deep. 10 guys who could, and often did start throughout the season. I you had a bad week of practice, you lost your spot, or at the very least, you gave up minutes during the game. It didn't matter if you were an upperclassman, if you didn't perform, you lost minutes, and sometimes your job. It also didn't matter how much you wanted to stay in for every play, we rotated. You don't keep practices productive if you don't reward the players.

Another year might help, but the staff has under-produced to this point, and not just in the win/loss columns, but in the product we see on the field. That probably bothers me more than losing games.
As much as i like coach, you nailed it.

His performance featured 224 rushing yards and 4 scores on only 11 carries, according to the Centre Daily Times. He added a 70-yard kickoff return for a touchdown — a rarity among prospects expected to play on the defensive front.

:Salute:

For someone his size, he has...

tumblr_inline_mo7nt4e4Mp1qz4rgp.gif

Some smoke starting to rise in regards to Parsons following Bookie to Oklahoma. Talk about a gut-punch. Pretty much tells you Nebraska was in line to get Parsons IMPO...
Thanks for the gut punch....OU is top tier and ifRL can get that team settled they will stay top tier. Too bad we're where we're at but here we are. Time to move on and start building for the future.

Last edited:
Some smoke starting to rise in regards to Parsons following Bookie to Oklahoma. Talk about a gut-punch. Pretty much tells you Nebraska was in line to get Parsons IMPO...

Agreed. That really sucks. If the recruits are trending out, I'm for Frost and crew trending in.

Thanks for the gut punch....OU is top tier and ifRL can get that team settled they will stay top tier. Too bad we're where we're at but here we are. Time to move on and start building for the future.

I don't know if Oklahoma will sustain this level when Mayfield leaves after this season. That's why Stoops left, because he knew this team was really really good, and he wanted Lincoln Riley to have a solid footing in his first season.

I realize they have that backup QB from aTm in line for next year, but Mayfield is on pace for record numbers. Just think when it's all said and done, you never know whos going to be the top teams in 2019, 2020, etc.

Look at that QB down in Arizona. He's the best player in college football right now. This time next year, Arizona could be a top 5 team.

Last edited:

If Frost hires the right guys as assistants is there a chance to still bring in some of the higher ranked kids we have been working? I hear Frost himself is quite the recruiter. It has to count for something doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back